FULL STACK JAVA DEVELOPER
University of California Irvine
FULL STACK JAVA DEVELOPER
Updated: Feb 20, 2021
Location: UC Irvine Campus
Department: OIT ENTERPRISE APP SERVICES
Job Opening ID: 15687
Reports To: Information Systems Supervisor II
Working Title: Full Stack Java Developer
Department: OIT Enterprise App Services
Bargaining Unit: 99
Payroll Job Code: 007300
Job Location: UCI Campus- Irvine
Percent of Time: 100%
Work Schedule: M-F, 8-5
Employee Class: Career
The Office of Information Technology (OIT) is the umbrella organization responsible for supporting the IT needs of all UC Irvine faculty, students, and staff. OIT's mission is to provide information technology leadership, services, and innovative solutions to promote the research, education, and community service goals of the University. This position is within the OIT's Graduate Division IT (GD-IT) team which supports the Graduate Division (GD) business unit. GD-IT (IT unit) is responsible for developing, maintaining, and supporting homegrown and commercial applications used by the Graduate Division business unit. GD-IT is also the primary IT liaison for the Graduate Division business unit and provides the first line of IT support and escalation for the Graduate Division business unit. The Graduate Division business unit is responsible for admission, enrollment, financial aid, financial services, reporting, communication, and alumni support for all UCI graduate students and post-docs.
Under general direction of the Graduate Division IT Manager, the Full Stack Java Developer applies skills as a senior-level software development/IT professional with a full understanding of industry best practices and standards (e.g., Agile, Scrum, Java, React, RESTful API, MVC, Spring, T-SQL, Git, Jenkins, ASG Zena), and all applicable policies and procedures. Demonstrates competency in problem solving and analytical ability to obtain results. Provides operational support for supported applications and business units.
Compensation Range: Commensurate with experience
Department Website: http://oit.uci.edu
- 3 years of experience with Java programming language.
- 3 years of experience with Object-Oriented Design and Programming.
- 1 year of RESTFul API development experience.
- 2 years of SQL development experience (prefer T-SQL).
- 2 years of experience with formal SDLC methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, Scrum).
- Working knowledge of version control software for branching, merging.
- 2 years of experience using software design patterns (MVC, Factory).
- 3 years of experience with operational support of homegrown software.
- 1 year of experience with operational support of commercial software.
- 2 years of experience with customer-facing or business unit support.
- Working knowledge of continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Experience using a ticketing system (ServiceNow, Remedy, Footprints, ZenDesk).
- Experience using DevOps tools (e.g Jira/DevOps/Slack).
- Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
- Intermediate knowledge of secure software development.
- Advanced skills associated with software design, modification, implementation, and deployment, including object-oriented programming concepts, specifically for Java.
- Demonstrated ability to understand functional needs and how systems can support those needs. Demonstrated ability to develop conversion and system implementation plans.
- Demonstrated ability to interface with management regularly.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute technical narrative to projects.
- Thorough experience with identification and use of code libraries and open-source forums.
- Experience with planning for deployment and creation of feedback mechanisms.
- Demonstrated software repository skills. Demonstrated testing and test planning skills.
- Thorough experience with common programming tools. Demonstrated ability to follow software specifications.
- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills. Able to mentor junior developers.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
- Self-motivated and works independently and as part of a team. Able to learn effectively and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated broad problem solving skills.
- Thorough experience with databases and T-SQL. Demonstrated ability to create and modify complex queries.
Special Conditions Required:
Must pass a background check.
Final candidate subject to background check. As a federal contractor, UC Irvine is required to use E-Verify to confirm the work status of individuals assigned to perform substantial work under certain federal contracts/subcontracts.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
UCI provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities upon request. For more information, please contact Human Resources at (949) 824-0500.
To apply, visit https://careersucirvine.ttcportals.com/jobs/6333202-full-stack-java-developer
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency