Administrative Supervisor (7374U) 15417
Administrative Supervisor (7374U) 15417 About Berkeley
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles, our Principles of Community, and our Strategic Plan.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: March 4, 2021
On behalf of all of the staff in Residential Life, welcome to UC Berkeley. We are excited that you will be part of our residential community. During these unprecedented times, we are here to support your transition and help you maximize your residential experience here at Cal.
Our mission is to facilitate your transitions into the intellectual and social communities of the University of California, Berkeley, and to promote your personal well-being as well as respect for the needs of the entire residential community.
It is more vital than ever that every single member in our residential spaces collectively engage and contribute to building a community that demonstrates a commitment to following public health guidelines and campus expectations to combat the spread of CoVid-19. Our dedicated and caring ResLife professional staff will help lead their respective residential communities and support you in your academic endeavors.
Our residential communities are built on the following intentional learning goals: Each year we make efforts to assess and evaluate our effectiveness and make needed adjustments to how we serve our residential students. Learn more about our assessment and innovative tools here!
- Academic Success - Students will be able to identify several strategies and/or resources to support their academic pursuits.
- Community Engagement - Students will be able to engage their peers and develop a social network within their residential community.
- Diversity & Global Consciousness - Students will be able to communicate ideas and practice behaviors needed to function in a diverse residential community.
- Identity Exploration - Students will be able to explore and express their own values and beliefs.
- Holistic Wellness - Students will be able to practice strategies that support their personal well being and a healthy life.
- Administers a defined operational program or activities which may include some of the following functions: budget monitoring, facilities, payroll, student family services, human resources, communications, informational technology, and safety. Provides general administration of services and programs in support of community building in maintaining a healthy environment for families in Student Family Housing. Maintains University and personnel records.
- Supervises including Family and Graduate Housing Res Life Staff and customer service. Responsible for quality and quantity of work.
- Monitors budgets; gathers and analyzes financial and other resource data; prepares reports and analyses of operational activities, evaluates current and proposed services, etc., for internal/external constituencies' review and decision-making.
- Participates in the development and revision of standard operating procedures and guidelines. Upholds the mission of Family Student Housing in providing quality student family services, participating where appropriate in program and services development.
- Provides guidance to supervisors and managers in developing job descriptions, facilitating benefits communications, and providing guidance on compensation programs, personnel policies, and procedures.
- Functions as a resource on issues such as researching complex financial discrepancies, escalated customer service problems and vendor concerns. Incumbent is responsible for reporting and referring conflicts among residents and or staff, regarding any mediation or conflict resolution issues beyond the scope of the position.
- Assesses and recommends changes to maintain compliance with federal and state requirements and internal policies, providing analysis for complex operational projects.
- Demonstrated experience with the administration of any of the following areas; operations, budget monitoring, facilities, payroll, student family services, human resources, and/or, informational technology.
- Working knowledge of or ability to gain knowledge of campus processes and procedures, rules and regulations.
- Working knowledge of common specific and other computer application programs.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, both verbally and in writing. Familiarity with international multicultural environments
- Solid organizational skills and ability to multi-task with demanding timeframes.
- Ability to use discretion and maintain all confidentiality.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training
- University experience with priority given to Family Housing.
Salary & Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience. Hiring range is $72,500-$78,500/annually
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Please include, as part of your application a brief (1-2 paragraph) statement on your contributions to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in your professional experience.
Advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion are fundamental to our UC Berkeley Principles of Community, which states that “every member of the UC Berkeley community has a role in sustaining a safe, caring and humane environment in which these values can thrive.”
This is a full-time career position
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see:
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=15417&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency