Program Coordinator, Clinical Placement
Program Coordinator, Clinical Placement
Job ID: 224171
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Negotiates and maintains clinical placements for undergraduate nursing students by providing support to the Associate and Assistant Directors of Undergraduate Programs and in coordination with the Faculty Liaison to Clinical Site and Part-Time Faculty Coordinator. Maintains 73+ Affiliation Agreements with clinical sites and requests and coordinates approximately 700 clinical placements each semester for the WellStar School of Nursing Undergraduate Programs; not a secretarial position.
- Prepare clinical rotation schedule each semester in conjunction with Associate Director of Undergraduate Programs, Faculty Clinical Agency Liaison, and course faculty
- Initiate and follow-up with clinical agencies for requests for approximately 700 clinical placement sites each semester for undergraduate nursing students, after receiving site approvals from course coordinators
- Negotiate requests for cohort and particular preceptor-based clinical experiences with clinical agencies and students through various means, including online databases (e.g., ACEMAPP'clinical rotation matching, student onboarding, and document storage software program; TCPS (Total Clinical Placement System)'a clinical onboarding tool for schools and facilities; SYMPLR'compliance and credentialing software), via telephone, fax, and e-mail
- Maintain and renew Memorandum of Understanding and Exhibits or addendums with all clinical agencies (approximately 73) used by the undergraduate nursing program
- Ensure each site has a current signed affiliation agreement and pursue those that do not
- Work closely with KSU Legal Department on Affiliation Agreement wording variations
- Collect and maintain preceptor qualification forms for three courses (4418, 4412, 4417)
- Verify all preceptor RN license numbers are active each semester
- Work in close coordination and execution of functions with WSON Documentation Specialist, collaborating on required student documentation
- Problem solve with Associate Director, Faculty Liaison to Clinical Sites and Course Coordinators to ensure all students can begin required rotations
- Serve as liaison to the healthcare community along with the Faculty Clinical Agency Liaison, attending various required off-campus annual affiliate meetings sponsored by partnering agencies
- Maintain up-to-date contract data chart for the Georgia Board of Nursing Report
- Use various online placement and credentialing programs including Immunitrax, ACEMAPP, Advantage Students (an online platform for required drug screening and criminal background checks), TCPS, SYMPLR
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in Health, Human Services, or Social Sciences fields
Five (5) years of related administrative, office or clerical experience
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Please refer to the department Position Description Addendum for specific duties as it relates to the assigned department, division, unit and/or college
Previous experience with program development and coordination
Previous experience in higher education
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Ability to operate personal computer, various software packages and other office equipment as required
Able to deal with multiple tasks or projects at one time
Demonstrated professional knowledge and operational expertise within designated area of program focus
Excellent interpersonal skills, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, technology, communication (verbal and written), and time management, and project
Good communication, customer service and management skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs (i.e. Microsoft Office suite) with a focus on online placement and credentialing programs including Immunitrax, ACEMAPP, Advantage Students, TCPS, SYMPLR
Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational and follow-up skills
Strong customer service and telephone etiquette
Good record keeping skills
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced + Education
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=224171&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency