Laboratory Coordinator - Research Support
Laboratory Coordinator - Research Support
Job ID: 224111
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Assist in performing a variety of professional and technical functions for a multi-science instructional laboratory program. Maintain laboratory facilities in assigned college, department or unit and facilitate the operation of departmental labs. Oversee maintenance and repair of lab equipment and assist with lab requirements for projects. Responsible for the set up and tear down of labs and maintaining inventory of lab supplies and equipment. Ensure compliance with all lab regulations and develop and update lab preparation guides.
- Purchases laboratory supplies and equipment- if assigned
- May maintains teaching greenhouse stocks
- May prepare reagents and solutions needed for lab classes offered in biology instructional labs, ensuring availability
- Serves as Laboratory Compliance Officer, ensuring all chemicals are appropriately labeled and inventory and storage location reports are updated
- Maintains current SDS (Safety Data Sheets) records and ensure availability to students, faculty, staff and others as required by the University
- Manages hazardous waste collection and disposal in accordance with OSHA
- May provide set up and materials for lab sessions in a timely manner prior to start of lab sessions
- Places orders for reagents, supplies, and equipment and facilitate invoicing process
- Maintains laboratory purchase records
- Assists in development and implementation of safety policies and procedures
- Facilitates installation and maintenance of equipment including preventative maintenance, service contracts, and repairs in compliance with federal regulations
- Responsible for cleanliness and orderliness (general condition) of laboratories and preparation room
- Trains and oversees laboratory student assistants
- Communicates regularly with faculty and the Lab director
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise the College of Science and Mathematics delivery/distribution operation
- Greenhouse care and set up of teaching labs are not part of this position
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in a life sciences field, (i.e. Biology, Biochemistry, or Chemistry required)
One (1) year relevant experience
Preferred Educational Qualifications
Master's of Science in a life science field preferred Previous experience preferred
Previous experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of biology principles, processes and practices
- Able to work independently
- Able to comply with safety, purchasing and other related protocols
- Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
- Responsible and professional
- Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
- Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
- Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
- Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is a supervisory position.
This position has financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position requires a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel
- P-Card Credit Report
- Standard Enhanced + Education
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=224111&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency