Documentation & Credentialing Specialist
Documentation & Credentialing Specialist
Job ID: 224174
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Provides administrative support for the undergraduate nursing program in the area of credentialing and documentation. Verifies that all undergraduate nursing students submit all mandatory compliance documentation to the appropriate online compliance vendor. Organizes, compiles, maintains and stores mandatory student health records, drug screening results and background checks required by clinical agencies used for clinical practicums. Answers correspondence and assembles highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Liaison between department and clinical healthcare facilities in regard to required documentation and credentials for students and faculty, updates program leadership regarding any changes in the clinical facilities
- Advises and meets with nursing students regarding required health and clinical documentation compliance
- Collects, verifies, approves, maintains and problem solves nursing student health and clinical documents
- Verifies student records in the clinical rotation matching, student onboarding, and document storage software program and other software systems as required by health care facilities used for student clinical placements
- Uses the electronic system to verify students? names and to check for course failures
- Monitors and maintains BSN clinical webpages with current clinical requirements for assigned sites
- Monitors and verifies results of student background checks and notifies leadership of any issues
- Maintains and stores students medical, clinical, orientation and academic documents and files
- Prepares new student email packets and BSN orientation packets, attends new student and BSN orientation sessions
- Assist students with access to Student Nurses' Association (SNA) and Graduate Research Assistant (GRA) rooms, sends emails to students as requested by SNA and faculty
- Assists as needed to coordinate schedule and proctors for Test of Essential Academic Skills(TEAS) and Assessment Technologies Institute? (ATI) exams
- Records and types minutes for various committees as assigned
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education in Health, Human Services, or Social Sciences fields or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience.
Three (3) years of related administrative, office or clerical experience
Experience working with medical records and other health related information
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to participate in webinars, attend onsite facility update meetings, schedule meetings with facility educator clinical liaison Able to serve as a member of the New Student Success Committee and attend any committee meetings regarding clinical site/rotations and new faculty orientation Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
Stays current with clinical facilities? clinical requirements
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite) Strong attention to detail and follow up skills Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
This position does not require security clearance.
- Standard Enhanced + Education
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=224174&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency