Member Engagement Manager
The Phi Beta Kappa Society is seeking an organized, creative, and collaborative individual, with 3-5 years of relevant experience, to manage and enhance member recruitment and engagement.
Reporting to the Director, Chapter and Association Relations, the Member Engagement Manager will provide administrative and technical support to the Society’s campus chapters while working directly with volunteer leaders to attract and induct new Phi Beta Kappa members. The Member Engagement Manager will also coordinate and support the activities and programs of our alumni associations, working to increase participation, promote best practices, and engage the next generation of Phi Beta Kappa members.
The Society’s strategic priorities emphasize our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, and the Member Engagement Manager will have opportunities to further these goals, especially through campus outreach and through leadership development in alumni associations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Implement strategies to recruit and train chapter volunteers
• Create compelling content for e-newsletters and other chapter communications
• Maintain online portfolio of tools and resources to support volunteer leaders
• Develop marketing materials to increase acceptance of membership invitations
• Oversee member registration process ensuring ease of use for volunteers and registrants
• Coordinate annual reports, prepare IRS filings, and assist with administrative tasks
• Analyze annual reports and other data to identify and respond to areas of chapter need
• Oversee association young professional networks and activities
• Manage and build upon annual Key Connections programming for recent members
• Create compelling content for newsletters, websites, and other platforms
• Enhance online portfolio of resources to support association volunteer leaders
• Facilitate broadened participation in association events
• Develop strategies for inclusion of new leaders in association governance
• Coordinate virtual and in-person events, assisting as needed with planning and implementation
• Assist with improvement and maintenance of member database
• Manage membership customer service processes to ensure member satisfaction
• Prepare materials for meetings and conference calls with Phi Beta Kappa committees
• Assist with Triennial Council and other Society events as needed
• Contribute to joint projects and collaborate with other Phi Beta Kappa programs, including Visiting Scholar, National Arts and Sciences Initiative, Key Reporter, and donor engagement
• Travel with Phi Beta Kappa leadership to assist with logistics and volunteer engagement (as COVID allows)
• Three to five years of experience in membership management and engagement in an association, non-profit, or alumni relations setting
• Robust proficiency in large-scale email and membership database platforms (IMIS)
• Excellent time management, organization, and written and oral communication
• Creative approach to problem solving and program implementation
• Ability to work as part of team, in collaboration with volunteers, and independently
• Great attention to detail in meeting deadlines and handling multiple priorities
• Demonstrated success with volunteer coordination and event planning
• Experience with survey design, MS Office Suite, Canva, InDesign, Photoshop, etc.
• BA/BS degree, with Phi Beta Kappa membership preferred, but not required
Anticipated salary is in the range of $55,000 - $65,000, depending upon experience. The position is currently remote but will be in person in our Washington, DC, office as COVID allows. The Phi Beta Kappa Society offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and retirement.
Please send a letter of interest and resume to the attention of Ann McCulloch, Director, Chapter and Association Relations, at [email protected]. For more information about The Phi Beta Kappa Society, visit www.pbk.org. The Phi Beta Kappa Society is an equal opportunity employer.
About The Phi Beta Kappa Society
The Phi Beta Kappa Society is the nation's most prestigious academic honor society. The Society champions education in the liberal arts and sciences, fosters freedom of thought, and recognizes academic excellence. The invitation to join Phi Beta Kappa is widely recognized as a mark of distinguished accomplishment. Every year, working with dedicated volunteer leaders at chapters on 290 U.S. colleges and universities, we welcome more than 18,000 new students to membership. With well over 500,000 members worldwide, we engage this member network through innovative national and virtual programming as well local activity with nearly 50 alumni associations.
Through the work of a dedicated team in the national office in Washington, D.C., we create diverse opportunities for volunteer-led programs, networking, and lifelong learning, as well as advocate for the arts and sciences in higher education and in communities across the country.