Director of Recruiting and Admissions
SUNY Sullivan is seeking to fill the position of Director of Recruiting and Admissions. The Director provides leadership and direction to the College's recruitment efforts, from attraction to registration, and oversees the admissions operations. You are responsible for: (1) identifying, developing, and implementing recruitment-plans for specific target segments identified in the College's Enrollment Management Plan, and (2) ensuring the quality of services provided through the admissions and recruiting operations.
This position requires significant travel, as well as work on several Saturdays and evenings throughout the year.
This Director of Admissions reports to the Dean of Communications & Admissions and supervises the Enrollment Specialists, Office Managers, and the Secretaries and Student Ambassadors assigned to Admissions.
The position is classified as Academic Support Staff and the incumbent is a member of the Professional Staff Association (PSA).
- Master’s Degree in college student personnel, counseling, or a related field.
- At least three years of recent experience in admissions and student recruitment, preferable at a community college.
- Supervisory management experience, with excellent communications skills, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Strong personal and professional integrity and ability to work well with all segments of the internal and external communities.
- A thorough knowledge of applicable college, state and federal regulations related to admissions, Right to Know, Clery Act, etc.
- Proficiency in the latest version of Microsoft office software and college administrative software (i.e., Jenzabar One.)
- Ability to gather and analyze data, compile information, and prepare reports.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the Dean of Communications & Admissions with the development and execution of the attraction component of the College's Enrollment Management Plan, the Recruitment Plan, to include the identification of targeted population segments and specific geographic areas in which to undertake recruitment activities.
- Develop and implement a data-driven plan with specific goals, activities and budget for recruitment of students based on the attraction component of the College's Enrollment Management Plan.
- Assist the Dean of Communications & Admissions in the development and implementation of a marketing and public relations campaign in support of the recruitment plan.
- Implement the recruitment plan and assign specific segments and targets to recruitment staff.
- Collaborate with the appropriate offices to include outreach to local business organizations in support of students enrolled in work force development or regular academic programs as part of the recruitment plan.
- Coordinate on-campus activities (e.g., Discover SUNY Sullivan and other informational days and sessions, tele-marketing, tele-counseling, and phone and direct mail campaigns, walk-ins seeking information) in support of the recruitment plan.
- Monitor the implementation of the recruitment plan and outreach activities as necessary to meet enrollment goals and improve the quality of services provided to prospective and enrolled students.
- Maintain appropriate documentation regarding communications, procedures, and enrollment outcomes for prospective students.
- With the assistance of the Director of Institutional Research and systems administration, collect, maintain and interpret data regarding recruitment and admissions processes (from attraction to registration) to recommend improvements in policies, procedures and future plan activities to meet enrollment goals and improve the quality of services provided to prospective and enrolled students.
- Plan and manage allocation of staff, including yourself, to ensure appropriate coverage for: (1) on-campus services for prospective students and record collection, and (2) off-campus presentations at high schools, college nights, and individual classroom or counselor presentations.
- Coordinate facilities reservations for recruiting events, planning of recruitment travel, and tour management.
- Participate in on-campus and community recruiting events throughout the school year, serving as a representative of SUNY Sullivan.
- Maintain a working knowledge of evaluating transcripts and other criteria for accepting students into SUNY Sullivan, and assist with the review and screening of student applications for admission, as needed.
- Record and enter data; evaluate information and prepare reports as needed.
- Ensure appropriate recruitment, admissions, and record keeping procedures are implemented and followed.
- Collaborate with the Athletic Department and coaches to facilitate the recruitment, admissions and financial aid processing and registration of student athletes.
- Facilitate interactions between staff and faculty academic advisors, Financial Aid, Student Billing, Learning Center and Registrar's Office to assure a seamless admissions and registration process and quality customer service for prospective and current students.
- Maintain active involvement with academic leadership regarding academic program changes, and adjust recruitment efforts as appropriate.
- Discharge supervisory responsibilities: Plan, assign, and direct the work of subordinates; conduct regular performance appraisals; hire, reward, discipline, and discharge employees; address complaints and resolves issues.
- Foster and support the ongoing development of staff by providing orientation, training, performance coaching, continuing education, and professional development opportunities.
- Serve as a DSO (Designated School Official) as part of the Student Exchange Visitor Program through Homeland Security. DSO serves as a backup to the PDSO (Primary Designated School Official).
- Performs other reasonable duties as assigned by the Dean of Communications & Admissions.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; the review of resumes will begin immediately. The hiring range for this position is $60,306 to $64,326. Please email your cover letter, resume, and the name, address, and telephone number of (3) professional references to the Office of Human Resources. Please indicate in your cover letter where you learned of this employment opportunity.
Email: [email protected]
For more detailed information regarding this position, please visit our website at:
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity College
SCCC is an equal opportunity employer. SCCC is committed to extending equal opportunity in employment to all qualified candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community. SCCC encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender and/or gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, national origin, ethnicity, citizenship status, veteran or military status, age, disability or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. Hiring is contingent on eligibility to work in the United States.
American with Disability Act Requirements: External and Internal applicants, as well as position incumbents, must be able to perform the essential position responsibilities as listed in this position description either aided or unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by the college on a case by case basis.
SUNY Sullivan is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity College.
All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills, and ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees will be required to perform other job-related instructions given by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
Share this job with your network:
Diversity Profile: University
AAUP COMPENSATION SURVEY DATAView more
Apply for Director of Recruiting and Admissions
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly