• Teach college level courses
• Participate in student assessment and departmental meetings
• Participate in the larger college community through a variety of activities (curriculum development, service on committees, etc.)
• Develop curriculum
• Be student centered, enthusiastic about teaching and learning, be a practitioner of active, contextual, and experiential learning strategies, have an understanding of and commitment to the assessment of student academic achievement, be willing to explore and use a variety of technologies to enhance teaching and student learning.
Must meet minimum qualifications for faculty credentialing Please refer to the MN State credentialing website at: http://www.minnstate.edu/system/asa/academicaffairs/cfc/index.html
• Associate’s degree. Occupational Experience Requirement
• Three full-time years (or equivalent) of verified related paid work experience in pre-hospital, emergency, or critical care settings.
• One year of this work experience shall be within the five years immediately preceding the date of application for the credential field. The recency requirement shall be waived if the individual has two years of successful full-time (or equivalent) postsecondary teaching experience in the credential field within the last five years.
• Current Minnesota certification, registration, or licensure as a paramedic, physician, physician's assistant, or registered nurse
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher
• Online teaching experience with alternative instructions techniques and a willingness to develop and instruct in the online environment
• Previous work experience in a secondary or post-secondary institution
• Experience with learner outcomes assessment
• Demonstrated ability to work with adult learners