Job Number: 88514
Job Family: Marketing
Job Series: Product/Program Manager
Job Code: 4910
The School of Engineering
Stanford Engineering has been at the forefront of innovation for nearly a century, creating pivotal technologies that have transformed the worlds of information technology, communications, health care, energy, business and beyond. Our faculty and students are creative risk-takers who pursue excellence across a breadth of disciplines. Our alumni include some of the world's most successful leaders in technology and business. Our staff are critical to enabling Stanford Engineering to accomplish its mission: seeking solutions to some of the world's most urgent challenges and educating leaders who will make the world a better place through the power of engineering principles, techniques and systems.
Stanford Center for Professional Development
The Stanford Center for Professional Development is a leader in global, online and extended education. Established in 1995, we are located on the Stanford University campus and work with Stanford faculty, departments, schools, and centers to design and deliver engaging, high-quality online, in-person, and blended learning experiences to both matriculated students and a global audience of learners.
SCPD operates and manages Stanford Online, Stanford's online learning provider, and provides access to credit-bearing courses, certificates and degrees; professional education; group and custom programs, and free and open access content. We also operate and manage a number of technology-rich classrooms and studios as well as a variety of educational technology tools and platforms. We support Stanford teaching teams in the utilization of different pedagogical approaches and technologies to improve faculty impact and learner outcomes. SCPD increases access to Stanford teaching and research and fosters a global community of learners, industry leaders, and Stanford faculty & instructors.
The Program Manager reports to the Director, Credit-Bearing Programs and will help extend Stanford Online's credit-bearing programs to students around the world. Your core duties will lie in planning and maintaining our course schedule and working with students and faculty during the quarter to make sure they have the resources they need. In addition, you will be one of the organization's go-to administrators of our course management system, helping other teams create and maintain courses, as well as training new team members on the processes.
This position is a one year fixed term position.
- Understand and communicate the features, benefits, and advantages of the SCPD's credit-bearing programs to a target audience of learners. In addition to answering email inquiries from current and prospective students, you will help run quarterly student orientations and social mixers, answering student questions about our programs and collecting feedback. Additionally, you should be able to explain the benefits and logistics of offering a class through us to Stanford faculty who are interested in working with us.
- Be responsible for helping track the overall performance of our credit-bearing programs. You will pull monthly data on programs enrollments and revenue, updating dashboards and providing regular briefings to leadership, explaining trends in data and their link to key developments in the product, marketing activities, or marketplace.
- Execute a tactical plan to meet SCPD's credit-bearing program objectives.
- Coordinate with vendors to ensure timely delivery of program elements.
- Provide administrative support to the Programs team. You will need to familiarize yourself with a broad range of our internal tools and processes and be ready to pick up new ones as the need arises.
- Track SCPD credit-bearing program progress against goals and schedule. You will develop project plans and report on your progress at weekly team meetings. You should be able to anticipate potential roadblocks (or windfalls), reprioritize projects based on new goals, and estimate the impact of these changes on our schedule.
- Assist in the development of materials which support the product/program. You will be the expert on our schedule and policies and will help us develop materials to support students, faculty, and other team members. You will review marketing copy for accuracy on a quarterly basis; create and review student support documents for accuracy, such as progress plans and policy handbooks; and create and maintain documentation around essential internal processes.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and one year of relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong verbal and oral communication skills.
- Highly organized.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to meet expected deadlines and schedules.
- Team player.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently stand/walk, sit, use a telephone, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, speaking.
- Occasionally grasp forcefully, writing by hand.
- Rarely sort/file paperwork.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Occasional work on evenings and weekends.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4910
- Employee Status: Fixed-Term
- Grade: G
- Department URL: http://pediatrics.stanford.edu/
- Requisition ID: 88514
Location: School of Engineering, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency