Kitchen Technician, Facilities Management
With little to no supervision, this position performs repairs and maintenance at a skilled or technical level in multiple trade areas with a specialization in kitchen equipment campus wide. Employees will be required to understand and follow all rules and regulations put forth by the University of Denver and the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Installs, repairs, inspects and/or replaces the following commercial grade kitchen and refrigeration equipment (including but not limited to): dish machines, garbage disposals, ovens, flattop cooking grills, ice machines, walk-in coolers and freezers, steam kettles, mixers, drink dispensers, coffee makers, toasters, reach in refrigerators, pumps, motors, filters, electrical switches and receptacles.
- Operates power equipment and University vehicles, including refrigeration gauges, pumps, evacuation pumps, hand tools, hand drills, specialized kitchen equipment tools and other equipment as required.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive, computerized preventive maintenance program for kitchen equipment and refrigerators; keeps records of repairs and maintenance that enable analysis of cost benefit of repair versus replacement decisions.
- Responds to equipment breakdowns in a timely fashion.
- Required to wear a pager and respond to emergency equipment breakdowns after work hours.
- Assists other trades that have a specific license or certification.
- May direct the work of other permanent or temporary assigned personnel as it relates to the responsibilities of this position. May also arrange for and oversee contract labor.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, specifications, operating and maintenance manuals and works from sketches, layouts or penciled drawings.
- Drives to sites with tools and equipment.
- 5 years of experience in kitchen equipment and refrigerator repair, plumbing and electrical trades.
- 3 years of experience in repairing commercial kitchen equipment.
- Expert skills and competencies in the installation repair and/or replacement of commercial grade kitchen and refrigeration equipment.
- Must be knowledgeable of related OSHA and EPA regulations and be able to effectively communicate regulation to others.
- Valid Colorado driver's license and insurable by the University of Denver's insurance carrier.
- Kitchen equipment refrigeration license.
- Must pass a pre-placement physical exam.
- Knowledge of computer basics, word processing, Excel spreadsheets and email.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is 9.
The hourly rate for the position is $26.52.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidates sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.