Recruitment and Employment Specialist
Recruitment and Employment Specialist
Salary: Starting at $45,000
Mohawk Valley Community College provides accessible,high-quality educational opportunities to meet the diverse needs of ourstudents. We are the community’s college, committed to student success throughpartnerships, transfer and career pathways, and personal enrichment. We areseeking a Recruitment and Employment Specialist to join our Human Resources team.
Mohawk Valley Community College's Human Resources Officeprovides comprehensive and confidential services, resources, and support in aninclusive and welcoming environment that reflects the College's mission,vision, and values. Our employees embrace our community, model the way, inspireconfidence, and encourage excellence. We are committed to transforming livesthrough learning.
The Recruitment and Employment Specialist is responsible forthe coordination and implementation of human resource processes and procedures,including but not limited to recruitment, employment, civil service processing,and payroll. The Recruitment and Employment Specialist prepares, maintains, anddistributes confidential reports including those used for College and humanresources budget, labor matters and negotiations. The Recruitment andEmployment Specialist may coordinate human resource’s projects and modelsexcellence in service to external and internal customers.
- Assists hiring supervisors with the creation of employment requisitions and recruitment. Ensures accurate and timely posting of employment ads in accordance with the College’s affirmative action plan, and coordinates recruitment agreements with vendors;
- Consults with College administration, hiring supervisors, and screening committees to ensure compliance with the College’s hiring process and utilization of the College’s applicant tracking software. Confirms desired candidate(s) meet the minimum qualifications for the position before initial screening;
- Liaison to Oneida County Personnel for civil service processing, including appointment processing, reclassifications, reporting employee changes, payroll certifications, and probations;
- Enters and records employee employment transactions such as new hires, terminations, transfers and changes in HRIS and provides supporting documentation to Payroll;
- Prepares and analyzes applicant tracking data reports and the effectiveness of our recruitment process to meet the College’s diversity goals and for the creation of the College’s affirmative action plan, etc. and makes recommendations regarding the College’s hiring and recruitment processes;
- Prepares, maintains, records and distributes human resources reports including but not limited to the College’s staffing plan and vacancy reports;
- Collaborates and coordinates with human resources staff to ensure an effective onboarding process for new employees;
- Maintains and updates the College’s library of job descriptions;
- Coordinates lodging for employment candidates and oversees requests for travel reimbursement in accordance with College policy and procedure;
- Provides human resource data for budget and negotiations processes;
- Responsible for maintaining accurate electronic and paper human resource files;
- Provides accurate employee data and information for College communications;
- Conducts human resources operations in accordance with State, Federal and Local Laws;
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Associate Director of Human Resources for Employment and Compensation.
Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field and a minimum of two (2) years related work experience or Associate’s Degree in appropriate field and a minimum of five (5) years of related work experience required. Proficiency in Microsoft Office software, the ability to learn College software, effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to maintain confidentiality required. Experience working in Human Resources and with Banner software preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants: Official academic transcripts required upon hire.
Review Start Date: 3/5/2021Mohawk Valley Community College is an Affirmative Action,Equal Opportunity Employer deeply committed to a community of excellence,equity, and diversity. MVCC maintains an inclusive learning environment inwhich students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social activities,governance, and all other aspects of campus life reflect a diverse,multi-cultural, and global worldview. We value the many similarities anddifferences among individuals and groups. We are committed to preparingstudents to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in a world made up ofpeople with different ethnic and racial backgrounds, military backgrounds,religious beliefs, socio-economic status, cultural traditions, differentabilities, sexual orientations and gender identities. All qualified applicantswill receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran statusor on the basis of disability.