Director for HR Information Management and Analytics
PG190788EPInternal Recruitment :
Director for HR Information Management and AnalyticsAnticipated Hiring Range:
Commensurate with experience and education.Work Schedule:
Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm with additional hours as required.Job Location:
Raleigh, NCDepartment :
HR Information Management (HRIM) & Analytics - University Human ResourcesAbout the Department:
The Human Resources Information Management (HRIM) unit within University Human Resources (UHR) is responsible for the leadership oversight of the university’s HR and payroll related systems and HR technological processes. The work of this unit is designed to enhance UHR university effectiveness and to increase the quality and timeliness of our data analytics and reporting capabilities, through the utilization of HR related technology to enhance university decision-making.Essential Job Duties:
The Director for HR Information Management and Analytics reports directly to the Associate Vice Chancellor for Human Resources in University Human Resources. In this leadership role, the incumbent will have management and leadership responsibility for ten employees within this unit, to include but not limited to, the Assistant Director for UHR Analytics, Manager for HR Information Systems, and Manager for Wolf Time Timekeeping and Leave System. The position has university-wide scope and responsibility for strategic planning, management, and administration of the Human Resources System (HRS) and employee records management. As such, the Director will collaborate with and develop strong working relationships with the HRIM team and many partners across the university including the Office of Information Technology (OIT)—notably Enterprise Application Services (EAS)—and IT leaders and professionals within our colleges and divisions. This position serves as a member of the University Human Resources leadership team and as a member of numerous university committees and project groups.
The Director for HR Information Management and Analytics is responsible for the following:
- The overall management and integrity of the University’s HR information systems and HR reporting databases. This position plays a key role in providing analytical and technical leadership in the design, configuration, implementation, communication, maintenance, and administration of the university’s HR systems.
- Ensures optimal system functioning and accuracy in entry and maintenance of HR data and serves as the university’s subject matter expert regarding HRIM data and related processes.
- Applies specialized knowledge to administer and oversee HRIM personnel functions including creation of employee and job records in the HRS System; accuracy, integrity, and reliability of HR data, processes, compliance, research, and analysis; and resolution of issues related to HR data and processes.
- Designs, directs, and delivers complex services related to the university’s enterprise Human Resources System.
- Serves as a primary content expert and strategic advisor in policy and procedural matters involving HR system administration and HR system transaction processing for campus; serves as the university’s functional lead, primary consultant, and advisor for the HRS; and serves as a core member of teams who are responsible for HR system implementations and upgrades. Acts as the lead HR Consultant to the Enterprise Applications Systems (EAS) unit regarding functionality of the system and interacts with vendors as needed.
- Provides visionary and collaborative leadership and management oversight of the HRIM department staff to include employee development, oversight of the team related to performance management, training, and accomplishment of the department’s strategic goals. Establishes goals and objectives and deploys resources to ensure that goals and standards are met and best practices are employed.
- Provides guidance and consulting services to hiring managers, department heads, and institutional leaders across campus as appropriate; researches and prepares recommendations for senior management decision-making; ensures the proactive and ongoing development, maintenance, and improvement of work processes and action steps required to administer system; records activities efficiently and accurately, including designing workflow documentation; and assures effective collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders across the institution.
- Promotes the use of HR analytics and visual analytical tools in order to compile HR performance metrics reports to aid university decision-making. In addition, this position provides regular HR related reporting as required by external agencies such as the State of North Carolina, the federal government and the University of North Carolina System.
- Regularly monitors HRIM best practices, trends and new HR technologies and recommends the implementation and/or modification of technologies or technological processes, as appropriate, in support of the NC State’s university effectiveness goals.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned, including special agile system projects such as implementing HR related system upgrades.
This position requires a relevant post-Baccalaureate degree with a minimum of five (5) years of relevant HR information management/systems experience, or a relevant undergraduate degree with a minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experience as a substitute for the advanced degree. All degrees must be from appropriately accredited institutions.Other Required Qualifications:
Extensive knowledge of HR technology platforms including systems related to hiring, payroll, compensation, benefits, and time and attendance; strong understanding of the context of the HR role within a university/college; prior successful management experience; strong attention to detail; and positive client focus with responsiveness and flexibility.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Detail-oriented individual with excellent analytical, organizational, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated effectiveness in written and verbal communication to clearly and effectively communicate complex issues to a wide variety of audiences;
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively on a team among diverse academic and administrative colleagues;
- An innovative thinker with a strong entrepreneurial and agile orientation;
- Comprehensive knowledge of the broad range of federal and state laws and regulations that impact HR activities;
- Possesses strong project management skills and ability to reengineer complex HR technological processes;
- Comprehensive understanding of hiring/payroll issues that are unique to a complex research university and system accommodations for individuals with unique paid and non-paid relationships with the university;
- Ability to adapt to new situations, people, ideas, structures, procedures, etc., to accommodate an evolving work environment; and unquestioned integrity and excellent professional judgment; and
- Exercises discretion with highly confidential information; the ability to develop and maintain professional, collaborative relationships with peers, customers, administrators, etc. and to work effectively in a team environment; the ability to think creatively; and flexibility in order to meet customer needs.
- Experience with PeopleSoft HR desired, but not required; relevant professional credentials also preferred.
N/AValid NC Driver's License required:
NoCommercial Driver's License required:
NoJob Open Date:
02/08/2021Anticipated Close Date:
Open Until Filled.Position Number:
SAAO Tier IIFull Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
12 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse Weather:
Non Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency Events:
Non Mandatory - Emergency EventIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?:
480201 - HR Information Management (HRIM) & AnalyticsAA/EOE:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.