OPS - Phlebotomist
Job no: 515863
Work type: Temp Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Department:29120000 - MD-PSYCHIATRY
This position under general supervision, will follow established standards and practices, collect blood from patients; instruct patients in the procedure for the collection of specimens.
- Match laboratory requisition forms to specimen tubes.
- Dispose of contaminated sharps, in accordance with applicable laws, standards, and policies.
- Draw blood from veins by vacuum tube, syringe, or butterfly venipuncture methods.
- Dispose of blood or other biohazard fluids or tissue, in accordance with applicable laws, standards, or policies.
- Draw blood from capillaries by dermal puncture, such as heel or finger stick methods.
- Enter patient, specimen, insurance, or billing information into computer.
- Organize or clean blood-drawing trays, ensuring that all instruments are sterile and all needles, syringes, or related items are of first-time use.
- Collect fluid or tissue samples, using appropriate collection procedures.
- Collect specimens at specific time intervals for tests, such as those assessing therapeutic drug levels.
- Transport specimens or fluid samples from collection sites to laboratories.
- Travel to various locations for collection and processing of blood samples.
These functions are not all-inclusive nor do they cover the full extent of the duties performed.Advertised Salary:
$10.00/hr - $15.00/hr based on qualification and experience.Minimum Requirements:
A High School Diploma and completion of a phlebotomy course; or a High School Diploma one year of appropriate experience.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must upload a resume, reference with contact information and a cover letter.
Applications must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: 19 Feb 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 01 Mar 2021 Eastern Standard Time