Assistant Director, Project Management & Network Operations – UF Health Cancer Center
Job no: 515392
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Department:29300500 - MD-CANCER CTR CLINICAL TRIALS
AST DIR, Clinical ResearchJob Description:
As the Assistant Director of our Project Management & Network Operations (PMNO) division, you will be responsible for leading the UFHCC’s IIT development, protocol activation, and clinical trials network operations, working in conjunction with your fellow Assistant Directors in the Clinical Research Office and with other leaders throughout the UF Health Cancer Center and the University at large to achieve the goals for the PMNO division. In this role you will be part of the UFHCC’s senior leadership team and will play an integral part in advancing the mission the Cancer Center and for ensuring we meet the high standards, requirements, and expectations of NCI designated cancer centers.
In your new role you will be responsible for the following:
- Leadership of the Project Management & Network Operations division, ensuring systems are in place for the implementation and development of the CRO's project management and network operations initiatives in support of our mission;
- Leading performance management and improvement efforts for the division, directing the development of the division’s budget, and setting target metrics;
- Management and development of critical partnerships to forward the research mission of the Center and build the CRO's clinical research operations and portfolio;
- Providing expert direction and high-level oversight to the Project Management team, developing the direction, workflows, and procedures used by the program. You will also be responsible for developing and implementing the strategic direction of the Program and for managing and expanding the Center's Investigator Initiated Trials portfolio;
- Administrative oversight of feasibility and activation activities for IITs and managing IIT Pre-Review Committee activities;
- Lending your expertise and providing high-level oversight and direction to the management of the UFHCC Affiliate Network Consortium (ARC).
This is a leadership position, ideal for candidates with expertise and established careers in clinical research. Ideal candidates will have experience supervising complex teams and driving performance with an engaging, dynamic management style. This position, in addition to our other Assistant, Administrative, and Program Directors, function as members of our senior leadership and provide critical oversight and direction to the Cancer Center's collaborative research enterprise and are fundamental to the progress of cancer research being conducted at the University of Florida. A complete job description will be provided to candidates selected for interview.Expected Salary:
$85,000 - $100,000 annually; commensurate with education and experience.Minimum Requirements:
Master’s degree in appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience; or a bachelor’s degree in appropriate areas of specialization and four years of experience.
Professional clinical research and/or oncology certification (through SOCRA, ACRP, etc.) are required at the earliest of 12 months from hire or eligibility.Preferred Qualifications:
As an ideal candidate you will have/be:
- A Master’s in Basic Sciences, and/or Health Care and 12+ years of research experience and/or medical/clinical training;
- Expertise in NCTN/ECTCN Cooperative group trials;
- Expert knowledge and understanding of oncological and clinical research concepts and terminology;
- Demonstrated expertise for minute and practiced attention to detail, with extensive experience working with clinical databases and/or subject data;
- Experience with Medicare Coverage Analysis determinations;
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills and the flexibility to handle multiple tasks and deadline pressures;
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response;
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment;
- Forward-thinking mentality, actively seeking opportunities and proposing creative solutions with strong decision-making capability;
- Exceptional ability to develop project and proposals and drive them to completion through collaboration with internal and external stakeholders across functions, including working directly with University and senior leadership to achieve the goals of ongoing projects;
- Excellent meeting management, group facilitation, and consultation skills;
- Highly collaborative and energetic management style;
- Prior experience (5+ years) as a supervisor or team lead and/or completion of leadership/management training program (eg. Managing at UF – The Supervisory Challenge) highly preferred;
- Demonstrated mastery in project management and awareness of various project management modalities and techniques;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel, Word.
The University of Florida is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information, and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
Applicants must upload a copy of the following documents to be considered for this position:
Cover Letter or Letter of Interest
Curriculum Vitae or Resume
List of Three Professional References
This is a time limited position.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: 19 Feb 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 25 Feb 2021 Eastern Standard Time