Administrative Support AST II
Job no: 515820
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Department:29050700 - MD-ENDOCRINOLOGY
Administrative Support Assistant IIJob Description:
The Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology is looking to fill a Administrative Support Assistant II position. The Administrative Assistant will be the primary front office contact in the Division of Endocrinology, helps to provide administrative support to the Division Administrator, and will be cross trained to provide administrative support as needed for the division. The duties for this position include but not limited to:
Administrative Support Duties
1. Develop and maintain understanding of the requirements and priorities unique to the Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism. Coordinate division activities with those of the Department, College, Hospital, faculty, staff, and individuals from outside the University. Manage the flow of all information in and out of the office, both paper and electronic information. Independently manage projects for the Chief and Administrator to ensure that projects stay on schedule. Review all incoming correspondence, prioritizes, and delegates information to others as appropriate.
2. Maintain a professional environment for the Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Chief’s office. Design and implement processes for the efficient functioning of the office. Coordinate and maintain calendar of the Chief and Administrator. Screen and prioritize requests for appointments.
3. Perform administrative duties, including typing correspondence and answering main telephone lines for the office of the Chief of the Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and routes calls appropriately according to protocols provided by the Division Administrator. Records detailed and accurate messages for Division Chief and Division Administrator, when unavailable to receive incoming calls.
4. Coordinates travel arrangements, including but not limited to scheduling flights, making hotel reservations, registering for conferences as directed. Creates detailed itineraries for travel events with all relevant information and provides to faculty or staff prior to travel. Collects and provides all travel receipts and information to the Division’s fiscal office assistant for payment and/or reimbursement or to sponsoring agency if travel is funded from outside sources.
5. Processes applications for society memberships, subscriptions, license renewals for assigned faculty. Processes purchasing requests, including required quotes, documentation, and researches items to be purchased if necessary.
6. Types confidential and routine correspondence, memorandums, protocols, letters, meeting minutes, and reports, from dictation or hand-written copy for the Division Chief and other Division members, as needed. Uses correct formatting, spelling, and grammar for all correspondence.
7. Opens and sorts confidential and routine mail for the Division Chief and other faculty members as directed. Picks up and delivers materials or obtains signatures within the Health Science Center, VA Medical Center, and University of Florida main campus as requested.
Academic Support Duties
1. Maintain accurate and up to date CV’s for assigned faculty with attention to spelling, grammar, punctuation.
2. Obtain journal articles or other information from HSC Library and/or internet for assigned faculty as requested.
3. Assist assigned faculty in scheduling academic conferences, which may including contacting sponsors, ordering lunch, obtaining meeting space, setting up conference space, communication with Fellowship and/or CME offices, and making copies of presentations.
Divisional Admin and Fiscal Support Duties
1. Establish and maintain filing systems
2. Implement and maintain office systems.
3. Answer main telephone line for division - to include any clinical and provider-to-provider calls that may be routed to the administrative offices.
4. Order division office supplies.
5. Coordinate payment of Division invoices and bills.
6. Support monthly monitoring of fiscal transactions and ensuring Division accountability and compliance; researching payments/transaction made in error, or suspected, and taking appropriate actions to correct – when necessary.
7. Provides fiscal back-up support to Division grants team and related transactions on restricted accounts and projects.
8. Maintain P-Card expenses and reconciliation according to University policies and procedures.
9. Assist other office staff with general office operations such as monitoring the office and phones, sorting mail, sending packages, and assisting faculty and staff as necessary. Constantly strives to represent the Division, Department and University in a positive and professional manner.
$17.00 - $19.00Minimum Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent and four years of relevant experience.Preferred Qualifications:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Upload CV for consideration for this position.This is a time-limited position.If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD-214, along with any other appropriate documentation to support your claim, with your application for consideration.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: 19 Feb 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 26 Feb 2021 Eastern Standard Time