Data Management Analyst I - Acute Care Surgery
Job no: 515843
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Department:29141003 - MD-SURGERY-TRAUMA
Data Management Analyst IJob Description:
The Department of Surgery is seeking applicants for a Data Management Analyst I position. This position collects, evaluates, prepares and/or analyzes complex statistical data for the Acute Care Surgery division. This position will compile, analyze, and interpret data as appropriate.
Duties of this position will also include:
1. Collection, reporting (e.g., descriptive statistics), and dissemination of data using REDCapTM, SAS, R and STATA for Acute Care Surgery division
2. Use the data collected to coordinate major data projects and develop strategies to manage data.
3. Assist in the development and implementation of measurement systems to analyze institutional data that will be used to develop a specific database for collection, tracking, and reporting of evaluation data as it pertains to research efforts.
4. Conduct literature reviews for educational research projects, and develop and proofread technical reports, publications and presentations.
5. Correspond with referring physicians regarding Inclusion/Exclusion criteria of reserach candidates.
6. Access patient medical records as needed to obtain required information.Expected Salary:
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area.Preferred Qualifications:
1. Master's degree in Biostatistics or equivalent.
2. Relevant coursework in medical and/or clinical terminology.
3. Experience with varied statistical methods.
4. Experience with manipulating and linking large relational databases (especially REDCapTM, SAS, R and STATA).
5. Demonstrated ability to work effectively and communicate with employees of varying levels of computer expertise.Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter, resume, and a list of 3-5 references with contact information.
The University of Florida is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
Background Check is required.
This is a time-limited position.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: 19 Feb 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 26 Feb 2021 Eastern Standard Time