Assistant Director, Research Administration – UF Health Cancer Center
Job no: 515390
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Department:29300100 - MD-CANCER CTR GENRL OPERATIONS
AST DIR, Research AdminJob Description:
As the Assistant Director of our Research Administration division, you will be responsible for leading the UFHCC’s research administration operations, including research development, grants administration, our intramural research programs, as well as for overseeing Center membership and major research events. In this role you will be part of the UFHCC’s senior leadership team and will play an integral part in advancing the mission the Cancer Center and for ensuring we meet the high standards, requirements, and expectations of NCI designated cancer centers.
In your new role you will be responsible for the following:
- Leadership of the division, ensuring systems are in place for the implementation and development of research administration and development initiatives in support of our mission;
- Leading performance management and improvement efforts for the division, directing the development of the division’s budget, and setting target metrics;
- Providing expert direction and oversight to the UFHCC Research Administration team, developing the direction, workflows, and procedures used for grants administration at the Cancer Center. You will also be responsible for developing and implementing the strategic direction of the Research Administration team and for managing and expanding the Center's grants portfolio;
- Lending your expertise and providing high-level oversight and direction to the acquisition, administration, and maintenance of the Center’s Cancer Center Support Grant (CCSG) and other complex grants;
- High-level oversight to the research development activities of the division, including the Center’s intramural research programs and working groups;
- Assisting the Administrative Director with program planning and development, including analyses of ongoing projects and projected growth/development, developing action plans through implementation;
- High-level oversight to the management of UFHCC intramural funding programs and mechanisms, including the Pilot Projects Program, Multi-Institutional Awards, and A1 Accelerators, as well as extramural developmental awards.
This is a leadership position, ideal for candidates with expertise and established careers in research administration. Ideal candidates will have experience supervising complex teams and driving performance with an engaging, dynamic management style. This position, in addition to our other Assistant, Administrative, and Program Directors, function as members of our senior leadership and provide critical oversight and direction to the Cancer Center's collaborative research enterprise and are fundamental to the progress of cancer research being conducted at the University of Florida. A complete job description will be provided to candidates selected for interview.Expected Salary:
$88,000 - $98,000 annually; commensurate with education and experience.Minimum Requirements:
Master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and four years of appropriate experience.
Professional certification in research administration required, such as through RACC, at the earliest of 12 months from hire or eligibility.Preferred Qualifications:
As an ideal candidate you will have/be:
- A Master's in Research Administration, Health Administration, Business Administration, or other related field and 6 years of relevant research administration experience, leadership experience in an NCI-designated Cancer Center and working knowledge of Cancer Center Support Grant (CCSG) reporting requirements, or similar NIH funded center strongly preferred;
- Excellent knowledge of programs and processes of primary granting agencies, to include, but not limited to, NIH, NSF, DOD, and other federal sponsors, state and private foundation regulations and requirements, as well as other corporate and private sponsors;
- Demonstrated experience managing the submission of, and post-award oversight of complex grants (i.e., P01s, P30s, P50s, R25s, T32s, U01s, U10s, and/or U54s);
- Experience overseeing both pre and post-award research administration with progressive supervisory responsibilities;
- Extensive knowledge of State/Federal and institutional accounting rules and regulations required;
- Experience with database systems. Demonstrated superior skills using Excel, Word and other Microsoft Office software applications, experience analyzing data, interpreting information, providing logical conclusions/projections and program evaluation and anticipating costs/obligations;
- Demonstrated ability to work with detailed financial data and to analyze financial information;
- Experience and knowledge of University of Florida sponsored projects policies, grants administration programs (UFIRST, ASSIST, ProposalCentral, Grants.gov, Fastlane, etc.), and other related policies/systems strongly preferred;
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills and the flexibility to handle multiple tasks and deadline pressures;
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response;
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment;
- Forward-thinking mentality, actively seeking opportunities and proposing creative solutions with strong decision-making capability;
- Exceptional ability to develop project and proposals and drive them to completion through collaboration with internal and external stakeholders across functions, including working directly with University and senior leadership to achieve the goals of ongoing projects;
- Excellent meeting management, group facilitation, and consultation skills;
- Highly collaborative and energetic management style;
- Prior experience (5+ years) as a supervisor or team lead and/or completion of leadership/management training program (eg. Managing at UF – The Supervisory Challenge) highly preferred;
- Demonstrated mastery in project management and awareness of various project management modalities and techniques;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, particularly Access, Excel, Word.
The University of Florida is committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information, and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
Applicants must upload a copy of the following documents to be considered for this position:
Cover Letter or Letter of Interest
Curriculum Vitae or Resume
List of Three Professional References
This is a time limited position.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: 19 Feb 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 25 Feb 2021 Eastern Standard Time