Student Services Representative
Student Services RepresentativePosting Number:
Full-timeIs this a temporary Position?:
NoJob Description Summary:
1.Provide one-on-one counseling
- Provide one-on-one counseling with students regarding financial aid eligibility and processes, student accounts and student records.
- Answers questions via phone, email, and written correspondence or in person resolving problems and addressing concerns and/or issues from students, faculty, staff, and administration and outside constituents regarding all aspects pertaining the areas of financial aid, Registrar and Bursar in a timely manner.
- Advise and assist students in the add/drop process and the effects it can have on financial aid, academic standing, and their student accounts.
- Counsel students during withdrawal process, determining the tuition refund policy, potential financial aid impact based on federal refund guidelines and the effect on the student account as well as any academic impact.
- Offer, receive and process FERPA release authorization ensuring students understand Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA) regulations. Communicate and enforce student information security involving each student’s passphrase.
- Resolve problems or concerns on student account billing statements and financial transactions, answer questions and explain debits and credits tuition and fee assessments, credit loads and impact to tuition and refund/credit balances.
- Grants deferment requests using professional judgment to determine the merit of the request, analyzing prior history and setting the payment guidelines within the deferment request to guarantee accuracy and consistency of financial accounts.
2.Complies with University, Federal and State regulations utilizing the campus wide information system (PeopleSoft) to provide services to students and ensure compliance.
- Review student academic records and appeals for the purposes of counseling for Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
- Review and follow up on required FAFSA verification, academic records and necessary checklist items.
- Review credit balances on accounts and requests necessary reports to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations regarding timely disbursement. Analyze if credits can be applied to debit balances owed on student accounts or if a refund is necessary. Process student refunds as necessary and as requested.
- Examine student accounts to verify accuracy of charges and credits, monitor payment activity. Process and follow up on student payment plans.
- Prepare, review, and adjust financial aid packages in accordance to federal, state, and University guidelines.
- Identifies discrepancies in data and determine actions for resolutions and records updates of personal information within PeopleSoft.
- Term activates students, calculates tuition and processes changes to student records as appropriate.
3.Primary liaison between students, Clarkson University, and outside agencies.
- Advise Clarkson University faculty and staff on financial aid, student finance and student records business processes and regulations.
- Provide basic counseling involving outside agencies regarding eligibility for scholarship recipients including NYS Higher Education Services Corporation, VA, Vermont Student Assistant Corporation, VESID, employers, etc.
- Provide outreach initiatives, including but not limited to student orientation, loan exit counseling, financial aid initiatives and community events.
- Work with all areas to integrate service to provide optimum and seamless customer service to all constituents.
4.Stay abreast of Federal, State, and University regulations as they relate to the areas of financial aid, student records and student financials.
5.Review internal policies and procedures with staff and make changes and updates as appropriate.
6.Performance of above duties require you to be at work.
7.Assists with other projects, administrative duties, and initiatives as assigned.Minimum Qualifications: :
- Bachelor’s degree with at least two years of experience, or High School Diploma with at least ten years’ experience from Clarkson, working in a student support related role with a case management focus on financial aid, student records, student accounts, academic advising support or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to project professionalism in dealing with students, parents, campus community, and external constituents; excellent organizational and computer skills with working knowledge of spreadsheets, (MS Excel) and word processing (MS Word).
- Bachelor’s degree with three years of experience as described above. Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish
- Experience in higher education and in the areas related to student financial aid, student records and/or student accounts.
- Experience with campus wide integrated systems such as PeopleSoft.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, bend and stoop. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Clarkson is committed to complying with the guidelines set forth under the Americans with Disabilities Act.Close Date:
02/19/2021Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions for this Posting:
There are two positions available.
An equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Clarkson actively seeks and encourages applications from minorities, women and people with disabilities.
All offers of employment are subject to the applicant successfully passing a background check (including, but not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, and criminal records).Maximum Number of Reference Requests:
5Minimum Number of Reference Requests: