Accounting Clerk A
Accounting Clerk ARequisition Number:
The Accounting Clerk A performs a wide variety of accounting functions within the College’s Controller’s department. These functions include contracted billing; analyzing and recording financial transactions such as preparing and posting journal entries and cash receipts to the general ledger; processing accounts receivable and accounts payable transactions. Other responsibilities include collections; processing third party and contract payments, refunds, and bills.
Testing for this position:
• Perform accounting functions with independent judgment, such as posting cash receipts, student account analysis and vendor account audits.
• Receive and review all third party contracts for vendor accounts to ensure contract compliance.
• Generate vendor invoices and process vendor checks and wire transfers; authorize related payments to student account receivables.
• Communicate with third-party vendors and other constituents as needed to facilitate timely collection of payments and resolve account discrepancies.
• Review, analyze, and refund third party balances as appropriate; work with Enrollment Services on any portion of the payment due that is not covered by the third party contract.
• Review, reconcile, and prepare monthly reporting on third party accounts; prepare year-end reconciliation of third party receivables.
• Prepare monthly account reconciliations of ancillary services and check exchange accounts.
• Maintain working knowledge of and ensure compliance with Veteran Administration regulations.
• Provide supporting documents, as requested, to assist the Controller in responding to internal and external audits related to third party contract and vendor billing.
• Provide back up and support for the other Accounts Receivable team functions including analysis of daily and monthly account reconciliations, and preparation of journal entries to the general ledger to record cash, Lion card deposits, web payments, credit card refunds, incoming wires, and EFT’s, etc.
• Deliver quality customer service to both internal and external constituents in a professional, helpful, and courteous manner.
• Perform other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications:
• An Associate’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or a related discipline with two (2) years of accounting/accounts receivable work experience; or a high school diploma or GED equivalent with six (6) years of accounting/accounts receivable work experience is required. Any and all degree(s) must be from a recognized institutional accreditor.
• Experience in a computerized accounts receivable environment that uses an enterprise-wide system required.
• Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required.
• Ability to perform job duties and responsibilities with minimal supervision required.
• Effective communication and organizational skills required.
• Strong attention to detail and commitment to accuracy required.
• Ability to provide excellent customer service to internal and external stakeholders (e.g., students, parents, faculty, and community partners) via telephone and email required.
• Ability to meet deadlines and work effectively with rapidly changing priorities required.
• Ability to work well independently or as a member of a team required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic background required.Preferred Qualifications:
• Experience with Ellucian Banner preferred.
• Previous experience using Tableau, Argos, or a similar reporting tool preferred.Work Location:
Main CampusSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
- Interested persons should complete an online application.
- Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
- Names and contact information of 3 professional references OPTIONAL.
Review of applications will commence on December 17, 2020, and will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.
Testing for this position:
$17.60 - $22.51Job Posting Open Date:
11/20/2020Type of Position:
ClassifiedEmployment Status :