Clinical Social Worker - MSW - Part Time
Job location: Medical Center (Charlottesville, VA)
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2021-02-19
Responsible for conducting face to face sessions with patients in order to complete thorough assessments develop treatment plans and provide supportive counseling crisis intervention and brief therapy. Provides clinical services (caseload can consist of inpatients as well as family members on an individual, couples and family basis).
- Provides direct social work service to patients and families and/or patients by providing assistance with social and practical environmental problems.
- Provides emotional support to patients and families of patients who may exhibit feelings of anxiety and stress precipitated by illness and hospitalization.
- Conducts interventions based on needs identified during initial assessment.
- Advocates for patient and family wishes when appropriate.
- Provides emotional support to patient and family during hospitalization.
- Educates patient and family on the intent of the intervention as needed.
- Informs care team patient and family of anticipated post-discharge needs.
- Maintains acceptable working knowledge of resources needed to provide patients with continuity of care before and after discharge.
- Participates in in-service and staff development activities by attendance serving on planning committees and/or offering topics for pertinent educational programs.
- Documents all activities relevant to casework discharge planning and follow-up in accordance with UVA and Social Work Policy, Procedure and Guidelines and regulatory requirements.
- Participates in education/research activities.
- Acts as liaison between the hospital and outside agencies/legal authorities and referral sources.
- Provides individual counseling/problem solving sessions.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: Master's degree in Social Work from a CSWE accredited social work program required.
Experience: No relevant experience required. Experience in the social work field; experience in health care settings is preferred.
Licensure: Expectation to become Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) guidelines found in departmental addendum located in department competency file.
Job requires sitting for prolonged periods, standing/walking or use of assistive and climbing (stairs, steps). Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail, hear, speak, see, distinguish colors, read, ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull < 20lbs. May be exposed to chemicals, blood/body fluids and infectious disease.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.