Patient Transporter - night shift
Job location: Medical Center (Charlottesville, VA)
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-02-19
Provides safe transport of the right patient to the right location while maintaining a high level of productivity. Responsible for patient transports distributing equipment and supplies morgue duties mentoring and managing supplies for transports. In addition will perform routine transports working in any zone. Services are provided to patients visitors & health care staff twenty-four hours/day and seven days/week.
- Transports patients via wheelchair van safely to and from Medical Center buildings
- Ensures wheelchairs are locked securely into position when transporting patients
- Maintains accurate daily records of number of trips, individuals transported, miles and gallons of gas used during transport
- Performs transport duties including morgue trips body releases managing viewings providing lift assistance maintaining supply of oxygen tanks for transport use.
- Verifies the destination and identity of the patient to be transported by matching transport request information to the travel log or by other method if travel log is not available or appropriate.
- Transports patients safely by ensuring that equipment is clean and in good repair and by using proper transfer and transport techniques.
- Performs the delivery of supplies and equipment to various areas within the Medical Center.
- Cleans equipment after each patient use.
- Inspects all equipment and supplies upon receipt and prior to delivery.
- Works efficiently to maintain high productivity minimize idle time and follow appropriate transport procedures.
- Works as a part of Patient and Guest Services to help provide all aspects of services.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: High School Graduate or Equivalent.
Experience: No experience required.
Licensure: American Heart Association (AHA) Heart Saver AED Course required within 90 days of hire.
Job requires frequently standing/bending/stooping/traveling and reaching (overhead, extensive, repetitive). Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull < 20lbs, 20 - 50lbs, 50 - 100lbs and > 100lbs. May be exposed to, chemicals, outdoor climate, blood/body fluids and infectious disease.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.