Assistant Professor Health Programs
Job descriptionJob no: 693510
Work type: Faculty/Academic Staff
Major Administrative Unit / College: College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Department: Family And Community Medicine 10034330
Sub Area: FAS- Fac./Acad Staff
Salary: Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: East Lansing
Categories: 3/4 Time (65-89.9%), Fixed Term Faculty, Health Care Professional, Non-Union
The position will be ranked at Assistant Professor in the Health Programs Appointment System. The successful candidate will be fulfilling clinical duties in the Department of Family and Community Medicine as well as completing a Fellowship in OMM at Sparrow Health System through the Department of Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine at Sparrow Health System. Acceptance into the Fellowship Program will be required for the FCM faculty position.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.Required Degree
Doctorate -Family MedicineMinimum Requirements
A DO/MD degree and Board Certified/eligible Family Medicine
Application and/or admission to the OMM Fellowship through Sparrow Health System
Demonstrated clinical, teaching, communication and team skills; experience and/or interest in furthering experience in OMM, successful record of leadership, demonstrated ability and willingness to collaborate with other clinical and academic units. A demonstrated history of diversity and inclusivity (please refer to the Diversity, Inclusion and Safety plan (https://com.msu.edu/about-us/diversity-inclusions-safety).
The departments are particularly interested in individuals with a commitment to inclusive excellence and a history of promoting diversity in their research, teaching, and service. We strongly encourage candidates to apply who can strengthen MSUCOM's commitment to Diversity, Inclusion and Safety.Required Application Materials
Required Application Materials
- Cover letter
- Contact information for 3 references required (the Search Committee will not contact references without first notifying the candidate)
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) statement. Submit a description of your past expeiences and contributions to inclusive excellence. Also submit a brief description of your ideas for future initiatives that you would like to implement in support of MSUCOM's commitment to inclusive excellence (https://com.msu.edu/about-us/diversity-inclusion-safety/initiatives)
Review of applications will begin on 3/05/2021, and will continue until the position has been filled.
Summary of Health Risks
The physician will be working in a clinical and hospital setting that may exposure them to communicable illnesses and diseasesDepartment Statement
The Departments of Family and Community Medicine and Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine are committed to excellence and innovation in the pre- and post-doctoral education of osteopathic family physicians. Guided by the osteopathic philosophy, principles and practices; and dedicated to community-integrated primary care, the department's mission is directed toward the promotion of:
- An educational continuum fundamental to the interdisciplinary nature of osteopathic family practice and osteopathic manipulative therapy
- Advancement in research
- Involvement in outreach and public service
- Partnerships with communities and institutions to improve the healthcare and health status of populations
- The prestige and professionalism of the specialty of osteopathic family practice and OMM
- Commitment to and promotion of Diversity, Inclusion and Safety in teaching, research and service
MSU is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. MSU is committed to achieving excellence through cultural diversity. The university actively encourages applications and/or nominations of women, persons of color, veterans and persons with disabilities. MSU seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to maintain the excellence of the University, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of knowing and learning.
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.
Advertised: Feb 19, 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Feb 19, 2023 Eastern Standard Time