Learning & Organizational Development Specialist
Job location: Washington State University
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-02-19
Title:1463-NN - Human Resource Consultant 1
Business Title:Learning & Organizational Development Specialist
Location:Washington State University
Employee Type:Admin. Professional
Job Family:Administrative Professional - Not OT Eligible
Summary of Duties:
The Learning and Organizational Development Specialist will perform professional, human resource duties in the area of Learning and Organizational Development (L&OD). This position provides professional guidance and consultation in the area of learning and organizational development and actively seeks out, develops, designs, coordinates and implements new programs and/or more effective methods to provide learning opportunities to University employees system wide through the WSU learning management system (LMS). This position collaborates with team members and University partners, in the review, facilitation and delivery of employee L&OD programs, policies, and procedures. Analyzes LMS capabilities and analytics and reviews current system and WSU offerings to ensure alignment with University needs and goals. Responsible for the logistics and coordination of learning programs system-wide. Plan and carry out work independently and with minimum supervision, utilizing knowledge of laws, policies and regulations. Responsible for prioritizing and managing issues within designated areas.
Work within Human Resource Services is typically performed in an office environment, however HRS supports remote work under most circumstances during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please note, during this evolving situation, changes to remote work options will be discussed as they occur throughout the interview process.
HRS serves WSU system-wide including the Pullman, Everett, Spokane, Tri-Cities, and Vancouver campuses. This position is currently eligible for remote work; the work schedule is required to primarily overlap normal HRS Office hours M-F between 8am - 5pm Pacific Time.
The minimum requirements for this position are a Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, or related area AND three (3) years of professional experience in human resource functions in a formal human resource setting. Any combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Experience working with a Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Experience with course development, from needs assessment through course facilitation.
- Experience providing formal and interactive presentations/learning experiences to small and large audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, with minimal direction, and collaborate effectively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with individuals and large groups at all work levels.
- Demonstrated proficiency using computers and software applications. Demonstrated ability to learn new software applications and use effectively.
- Strong project management skills, including self-motivation and managing deadlines successfully.
- Demonstrated experience making sound business driven decisions.
- A record showing commitment to customer service and the ability to handle complex situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and desire to promote diversity.
- Experience as a Learning Management Systems (LMS) administrator
- Experience with Human Capital Management software and systems such as Workday.
- Demonstrated effective skills related to impromptu speaking, learning delivery, and group facilitation.
- Professional certification from a recognized human resource/personnel association.
- Human Resource experience in a higher education setting.
Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Position Term in months:
City, State, Zip:
Pullman, WA 99163
Human Resource Services
This position has been designated to require a background check.
Screening Begin Date:
March 8, 2021
Instructions to Applicants:
Applicants must attach the following documents to their online application: 1) resume 2) a cover letter and 3) contact information for professional references. Application materials should clearly communicate how the applicant meets all required qualifications and additional requirements.
Time Type:Full time
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER. Members of ethnic minorities, women, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veteran, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply.
WSU employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized non-U.S. citizens. All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
WSU is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resource Services: 509-335-4521 (v), Washington State TDD Relay Service: Voice Callers: 1-800-833-6384; TDD Callers: 1-800-833-6388, 509-335-1259(f), or firstname.lastname@example.org.