Temporary Sr. Customer Service Representative
Job location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-02-19
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
This is a temporary position expected to start on January 15, 2021 through May 17, 2021.
Business Title: Sr. Customer Service Representative
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for the daily operational support for University-sponsored quarantine and isolation housing. Includes logistical coordination and customer service responsibilities. The goal of the position is to provide safe and supportive housing for resident students directed to isolate or quarantine.
As part of the University’s COVID-19 response, housing is provided both on and off campus for resident students who need to quarantine or isolate as directed by Student Health Service and/or University Contact Tracing. This position will provide customer service to students and parents by answering calls, emails, and facilitating the housing reassignment and discharge process. This position receives, reviews and addresses a variety of inquiries, to include complaints, requests for information and/or service etc. and follows-up on student concerns via email, fax, telephone and/or regular mail.
The position reports to the COVID-19 Task Force team leaders. This position does not require in-person work, duties can be performed remotely.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides exemplary customer service by answering calls, providing accurate information, resolving issues, and triaging information or requests.
- Coordinates the relocation of a student from their semester housing to their assigned isolation/quarantine space. Also coordinates relocation back to the student’s housing once discharged.
- Updates records, provides proper documentation, and clear written and oral communication to colleagues, students, and other constituents.
- Responds in a timely manner to phone calls or requests for assistance or information.
- Escalates and refers unresolved customer grievances to department leadership for further review, as necessary.
- Resolves complex and unusual problems and communicates solution or requested information to the customer. Verifies that appropriate changes/resolutions have been finalized.
- Completes other duties related to the management of quarantine/isolation housing and its residents.
- Reviews and processes confidential information with discretion.
- Requires familiarity with Microsoft office and the ability to learn related software platforms quickly.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
High school diploma or equivalent
Minimum 2 years of relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Ability to recognize, analyze and solve a variety of problems.
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to work evening, nights, and weekends as necessary.
- Ability to lead, motivate, develop and train others.
- Proficiency in computer software (i.e. Microsoft Office).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and primary responsibilities of this job classification. Specific duties and tasks may vary based upon departmental needs. Other duties may be assigned to the above consistent with the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for the job. This a job profile description and not all duties may be assigned to a specific position in each individual department.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:Temporary - Charge Back (Fixed Term)Pay Grade:c102