Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-02-19
Current Employees:If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Transforming LivesThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The Sr. Locksmith maintains locks, keys, and security systems to ensure facility security equipment is in adequate working condition. Further, the Sr. Locksmith addresses the more complex repair and service situations and mentors junior staff.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
Oversees performance of preventive maintenance program functions. Plans campus and building key locking systems to include masters, building masters, department masters, and sub masters. Duplicates keys, and replaces and re-keys locks. Keeps thorough records of all work performed. Maintains computerized database and identification system to ensure secure facility-locking systems. Executes locking plans and all aspects related to electronic access systems. Makes physical repairs in connection to assigned tasks. Replaces worn tumblers, springs, and other defective parts of devices and control instruments. Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
High School diploma or equivalent
Certification and Licensing:
Certification in relevant specialty or field
Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work under pressure while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to work evenings, nights, and weekends as necessary.
- Commitment to the University’s core values.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environment.
- Proficiency in computer software (i.e. Microsoft Office).
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
- Valid State of Florida driver’s license.
Department Specific Functions
- Inspect, install, adjust and repair locks, panic hardware and make keys.
- Instructions are received in the form of a work order, distributed by supervisor.
- Changes lock combinations as instructed.
- Makes new or duplicate keys from pattern or code, opens locks for which there is no key or combinations is unknown; identify keys.
- Maintains key record and security of keys, pattern, codes and combinations.
- Keeps key system records up to date.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Install Onity lock system, repair and unload programming.
- Follow procedures with supervisor before and after each installation.
- Other duties as assigned.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:c104