(Medley) Master Scheduler
Job location: Medley, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-02-19
Current Employees:If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Transforming LivesThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
UHealthConnect is actively seeking a full-time Master Scheduler to work at the Medley location. The Master Scheduler creates and maintains provider schedule templates for all clinics and ancillary services with a goal of maximizing access to providers, balancing patient volumes, and reducing wait times. The incumbent must maintain in depth knowledge of operational and patient flow for all managed specialties and optimize access to care.
- Builds and manages provider schedule templates in collaboration with Department Leadership for assigned department/specialty group.
- Reviews provider schedules and recommends proposals to improve access based on the Ambulatory Access Guidelines.
- Responsible for enhancing the relationship with the Call Center Operations, specifically scheduling manager & supervisor for assigned Department/Division by supporting scheduling access goals and keeping informed of schedule template changes.
- Correctly process & validate in a timely manner template change submission form(s) & e-mail request(s) to ensure the minimal disruption to operational workflow (i.e., rescheduling/scheduling patients).
- Notify and advise the team supervisor/manager when department negotiation fails and template escalation is required to the UHealth’s CMO.
- Regularly updates and validates team tools (e.g., SharePoint Dashboard, Template Library, PLR Approval List) with accurate reflections from Epic or changes within Department Leadership.
- Maintain in-depth scheduling and operational considerations in the clinical specialties they support.
- Works with Department leadership and UChart team to facilitate on-boarding providers by managing scheduling application set-up in Epic, including of providers to scheduling locations, and subgroups, mapping of visit types, assignment of provider visit durations, and creation of templates in a collaborative manner that are compliant with the Ambulatory Access Guidelines/Departmental Policy.
- Facilitating exiting providers by managing scheduling application removal/block in Epic, including the deletion of future templates, reset of release date, blocking NPV scheduling, updating subgroups, compiling patient bump list, along with confirming advisory & scheduling instructions for the Call Center.
- Communicates with customer service focused approach to UHealth patients, clinic managers, and division professional staff.
- Works cross functionally with the Call Center Operations Team to coordinate, confirm, and troubleshoot access to scheduling.
- Perform and provide initial investigation findings/discovery to team supervisor using Epic reporting feature or team “clinical toolbox”, established reporting tools in Excel.
- Acts proactively to identify potential roadblocks/obstacles to patient access for the Department, Provider, and/or Clinic and keeps the team Supervisor/Manager informed with each status which includes providing timely feedback/follow up to the stakeholder. Serves as subject matter expert of their assigned Departments/Divisions.
- Leverages local systems as needed to efficiently perform all functions.
- Understands and communicates UMMG, Department/Division, and/or PAPA policy as it relates to scheduling, rescheduling, and template building.
- Validates and vets assignments are aligned with customer expectation and/or UMMG, Department/Division, and/or PAPA policy as it relates to scheduling, rescheduling, and template building.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Participates in meetings, teleconferences, or site visits with assigned Department/Divisions in a collaborative manner to resolve roadblocks or create opportunities to increase patient access. Under the direct guidance of the team supervisor/Manager.
- Participates in projects that affect patient access, scheduling templates, and/or clinical capacity planning for Departments/Divisions by completing project deliverables on time. Under the direct guidance of the team supervisor/Manager.
- Validates and vets assignments are aligned with customer expectation and/or UMMG, Department/Division, and/or PAPA policy as it relates to analytical, planning, or project requests.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- General knowledge of office procedures and operations.
- Skill in data entry with minimal errors.
- Ability to accurately prepare and maintain records, files, reports and correspondence
- Ability to create reports using Excel, specifically pivot tables
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships.
- Proven experience with Personal Computers (PC) and Microsoft software preferred
- Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish)
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience and/or certifications may be considered.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:c103