Patient Scheduler 2
Job location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-02-19
Current Employees:If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Transforming LivesThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
UHealthConnect is actively seeking a full-time Patient Scheduler 2 to work at the Gables One Tower. The Patient Scheduler 2 delivers exceptional customer service by communicating with patients over the phone to provide necessary information and is responsible for requesting information related to coordination and scheduling of diagnostic therapy and other procedures/treatments for UHealth. The incumbent interacts directly with referring physicians, radiologists, technologists, as well as patients to guarantee smooth coordination of procedures and exams.
- Schedules all types of complex exams with attention to detail.
- Delivers exceptional customer service by answering incoming phone calls or contacting patients by phone to determine exam time.
- Obtains and verifies necessary demographic and insurance information.
- Screens and verifies information for ensure accuracy when scheduling exams.
- Ability to manage high call volumes to ensure best possible customer service by properly education the patient on exam preparation and answering questions.
- Utilizes multiple computer applications, scheduling software, network drives to schedule multiple exams within multiple modalities and entities across the UHealth system.
- Uses complex medical terminology and precise scheduling protocols to ensure compliance such as reviewing and comparing patient’s previous imaging report to current order.
- Coordinates processes and timing as required by the physician and facility for special procedures.
- Notifies appropriate parties if patient requires labs or premedication for allergies, oral sedation medication, obtain necessary implant information.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Skill in data entry with minimal errors.
- Ability to accurately prepare and maintain records, files, reports and correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience and/or certifications may be considered.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:c102