Clinical Assistant Professor in Music Therapy
Clinical Assistant Professor in Music TherapyJob Description Summary, Duties and Responsibilities, Required Qualifications and Preferred Qualifications:
The University of Rhode Island invites applications for a full-time appointment for a Clinical Assistant Professor in Music Therapy beginning in the fall of 2021.
Position is academic year and limited to 06-17-2023 with anticipated renewal.
Teach music therapy courses; advise students; establish community partnerships and field work contracts for music therapy students in affiliated practice sites in the state of Rhode Island; precept music therapy students and music therapy clinicians in community settings; develop policies and procedures for the music therapy degree program and music therapy community partnerships; work collaboratively with pharmacists, nurses, physicians and other health professionals, as well as faculty, community partners, and other colleges in the university; assist with program accreditation and certification in accordance with AMTA/CBMT, NASM, and Rhode Island state standards; practice scholarship in critical care practice and/or teaching and learning; travel to campus, and practice site(s) as required; serve on departmental and university level committees.
1. Masters of Music Therapy Degree or other graduate degree in music therapy.
2. Music therapy license in Rhode Island, or eligible for Rhode Island licensure.
3. Board Certification in Music Therapy
4. Minimum of 5 years of clinical experience.
5. Demonstrated proficiency in written communication skills.
6. Demonstrated strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
7. Demonstrated experience working with diverse individuals and/groups of people.
8. Demonstrated post-secondary teaching experience.
9. Demonstrated interest and ability to advocate for the field of music therapy.
10. Demonstrated ability to form partnerships within the university setting.
11. Demonstrated ability to form community partnerships.
12. Demonstrated training in at least two areas of clinical specialization (NMT, GIM).
13. Demonstrated regular access to a music therapy clinic in the state of Rhode Island for student training and clinical observations
1. Demonstrated Neurologic Music Therapy training.
2. Demonstrated experience in establishing clinical programs in a variety of clinical locations and settings.
3. Demonstrated clinical precepting and mentoring experience.
4. Demonstrated experience in presenting.
5. Demonstrated evidence of scholarship that may include but is not limited to applied research, presentations, posters and publication that advance professional practice and/or organizational performance in clinical, laboratory or similar settings.
ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES.Union:
AAUP - American Assoc of Univ ProfessorsStatus :
Academic Year, Full-time, Non-tenure-track, LimitedEnd Date of Restriction or Limitation:
Position is full-time academic year, non-tenure track, limited to 06-17-2023 with anticipated renewal.Department:
Please note: Job applications must be submitted directly online only at: (https://jobs.uri.edu)Campus Location:
NoSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Please attach the following 4 (PDF) documents only to your online Faculty Employment Application:
(#1) Cover letter (not to exceed 2 pages).
(#2) Curriculum vitae.
(#3) “Other” – names and contact information for three professional references.
(#4) “Other Document” – a statement addressing the candidate’s experiences and commitment to diversity.Position Number:
03/05/2021Open Until Filled:
NoQuicklink for Posting: