Human Resources Coordinator I
Human Resources Coordinator IPosition Type:
100%Job Description Summary:
Serves as receptionist and provides clerical support in the Office of Human Resources. Assists incoming calls and walk-ins from staff and the general public while providing exceptional customer service. Provides day to day oversight to the budgets in the Office of Human Resources and administratively supports the CHRO.
The University of La Verne is a private not-for-profit university founded in 1891 located in La Verne, California. The core values that we live by are Ethical Reasoning, Diversity and Inclusivity, Lifelong Learning and Community and Civic Engagement.
If you’re passionate about these values, join us at the University of La Verne!Specific Duties:
- Responds to walk-ins, phone inquiries, and requests from staff and general public.
- Supports CHRO with administrative duties assigned
- Performs general clerical duties to include but not limited to; data entry, filing, photocopying, faxing, opening and dispersing department mail, mailing items, supply inventory, ordering supplies and function of office machines.
- Assists CHRO with departmental budget oversight. Regularly reviews accounts and provides reports to the CHRO. Ensures that all HR payables are correctly processed and coded by Accounts Payable. Requests corrections and adjustments when necessary. Prepares and coordinates check requests, purchase orders and billing inquiries with Finance Department.
- Manage all web content updates for the department’s web pages and HR Portal; including but not limited to creating/updating general content and monitoring/tracking activity. Collaborate with department leaders to obtain specific content for their areas and update as necessary (Payroll, Talent Management, Training & Development, etc).
Serve as primary point of contact to send mass email communications to staff and faculty groups. Use discretion to determine if HR or University leadership review and/or approval is needed.
- Manages personnel file system, archive files and general fling.
- Meets with employees and processes “First Report” for workers compensation claims.
Using ADP, coordinates and completes employee verifcation requests between HR/Payroll and outside agencies.
- Assists with Tuition Remission, data entry into Banner.
- Assists payroll in auditing student time cards.
- Coordinates meeting and events as assigned.
- Places orders for the University courtesy fund.
- Serve as point of contact for all subpoena requests and document preparation.
- Other duties as occasionally assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED
- 3 years general clerical experience
- 3 years experience with MS Suite, with an emphasis on MS Word and Excel
- 1 year of Payroll/Finance/Budget experience
- Ability to read, write and speak proficiently
- Typing skills
- General computer knowledge/experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Professional demeanor
- Experience with Banner, PeopleAdmin, Excel, & ADP
Salary will be commensurate with experience and internal equity. Benefits include a comprehensive health and wellness plan, tuition remission program for employee, spouse, and dependent children, a generous contribution to the University’s 403B retirement plan, and a generous time off plan.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion and clearance of a background check and employment verification.
La Verne Central CampusNumber of Vacancies:
2018-190707SAOpen Until Filled: