Senior Web Developer
The University of Maryland, Baltimore has an opportunity available for a Senior Web Developer to join the Center for Information Technology Services (CITS) web development team. The Senior Web Developer is responsible for installation and administration of both development and production of web environments. This position is responsible for design, development, documentation and implementation of Internet-based applications to support the University, a school, or a department. The successful candidate will use a variety of complex techniques and tools to achieve desired look and functionality and may interface to secure sites, i.e. credit card integration.
- Manages and supports Content Management Systems (CMS) or (CSS). Develops custom system modules.
- Develops and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements and enforces coding standards.
- Ensures documentation is up-to-date and features, technical specifications, and infrastructure requirements for self-produced technical work and job processes.
- Identifies and addresses browser, client server, and internet systems specific architecture compatibility issues. Addresses HTML and scripting compatibility and integration issues between different browsers and computing platforms utilizing various design methodologies and object oriented environments.
- Conducts and maintains setup, installation, and management of software and applications as needed by University or department.
- Makes recommendations for resources within budget and input in project schedule.
- May lead and train other staff associated with web development.
- Recognizes system deficiencies and implements effective solutions.
- Interface backend databases (SQL or Oracle) with database administrators in order to maximized function and effectiveness of web applications.
- Translates functional requirements into technical design and development projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job: Reg or CII Exempt Staff
Shift: Day Job
Organization: CITS Operations
Job Posting: Feb 19, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing