Senior Coordinator, Academic Programs (Oro Valley, AZ)
Vet Med AdministrationDepartment Website Link:
Outside of TucsonAddress:
1580 E Hanley Blvd, Oro Valley, AZ 85737-9525 USAPosition Highlights:
The University of Arizona’s College of Veterinary Medicine invites applicants for the position of Senior Coordinator, Academic Programs. This position provides high quality support to Academic Programs and Faculty Affairs and for UA-CVM students in the Doctor of Veterinary Medicine professional program. This position will be responsible for coordinating and facilitating the activities and functions within year 1 and 2 of the curriculum, the recruitment and on-boarding of the CVM faculty, and the administrative support required to maintain optimal operation of the college. The successful candidate will exercise initiative, resourcefulness, and good judgment working in an environment that is very fast-paced and centered around team-based learning and peer instruction. The successful candidate will have unparalleled attention to detail, proficiency in the application of a variety of computer software programs, demonstrable skill in multi-tasking, possess a strong customer service orientation, and have strong oral and written communication skills. Successful candidates must have the ability to respond to requests in a timely manner with diplomacy and discretion. This position will work closely with the Chief of Staff, the Associate Dean of Academic Programs and Faculty Affairs, the Assistant Director of Academic Programs, and CVM Faculty. It is anticipated that as the college grows this position will develop supervisory authority.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
TheUniversity of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-lifeprograms. For more information about working at the University of Arizona andrelocations services, please visit talent.arizona.edu
- Under the direction of the Assistant Director of Academic Programs, works closely with stakeholders (faculty, academic staff, and leadership) in the development and implementation of the curriculum to ensure deliverables are being met.
- Designs, coordinates, and has oversight of the full academic schedule for year 1 and 2 in concert with the ADAP.
- Manages and schedules team member and participant communications.
- Troubleshoots issues, identifies areas for process improvement, and confers with faculty and staff to exemplify a solutions-oriented approach to all issues.
- Conducts research on various aspects of domestic and international veterinary medical education programs.
- Within a team-shared workload environment, participates in preparing periodic reports and records on program activities, progress, status, and other special reports as needed.
- Prepares correspondence and processes business documents as directed, including copy editing and document formatting. Prepares reports and related materials using Microsoft Office Suite, primarily Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Liaises with the ADAP and internal/external audiences, requiring the use of business vocabulary, tact, discretion, and judgment.
- Works to resolve non-routine situations and interpret guidelines, policies, procedures, and practices within the scope of the position.
- Assists the ADAP and Faculty Affairs in the coordination of the Promotion and Tenure process.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Advanced MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills.
- Knowledge and familiarity with structure and operation of university academic programs.
- Knowledge and familiarity with business practices, preferably in an academic setting.
- Demonstrated ability to proficiently multi-task, skillfully manage projects of varying size and complexity, and utilize strong oral and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience required.
- Previous work experience in Higher Education
- Supervisory experience
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Academic AdministrationBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
9Career Stream and Level:
Academic Program MgmtJob Function:
Academic AdministrationType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
3/8/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
2/19/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.