Director, Ticket Operations
Administration and AthleticsDepartment Website Link:Location:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
The Director, Ticket Operations will be responsible for ensuring the ticketing needs of the Arizona Athletics fan base.
The University’s strength in undergraduate education and scientific research is paralleled by its excellence on the playing fields, courts and other venues of its 21-sport Intercollegiate Athletic Program. The Arizona Wildcats compete in the tradition-rich Pac-12 Conference, “The Conference of Champions.” For a more comprehensive view of what makes working in our department unique, please visit the websites at: www.arizonawildcats.com.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures that the ticket needs of the Arizona Athletic fan base is met
- Oversee 2 full time employees
- Plans strategy for ticket initiatives for assigned sports (Football)(Gymnastics)(Soccer), but not limited to all 9 ticketed sports
- Provide resources & training for all student staff
- Attend meetings to collaborate with all external units to create revenue generation opportunities
- Provide reporting on revenue/tickets for all ticketed sports
- Delivers a high level of customer service internally and externally
- Finds solutions to customers issues
- Maintains positive attitudes and outlook
- Sets the example for employees on team
- Maintain professional composure during stressful situations
- Keeps the ticket office on timeline for ticketed sports and drives revenue
- Seek out ways to establish best practices
- Additional duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions
- Ability to multi-task with frequent interruptions
- Dedication and motivation to initiate, lead and support value-added projects
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Knowledge of position related NCAA and Pac-12 rules and compliance
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, and has a positive demeanor
- Demonstrated organizational skills, including the ability to plan, establish priorities and successfully manage multiple priority projects
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive interpersonal relations
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all organizational levels, and project a positive, professional attitude
- Skill in developing and maintain good working relationships
- Skill in use of personal computer and software such as Microsoft Word and Excel
- Working knowledge of Paciolan
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Four years of ticketing experience
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends
- Master’s Degree
- Six years of ticketing experience
- Two years of experience with Paciolan
- Experience preparing reports and related materials within Paciolan, or other ticketing systems
- Experience with overseeing full time employees
- Experience with overseeing highly attended events
- Experience hosting NCAA Postseason events
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
40 hours + Nights and WeekendsJob FTE:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$55,000 - $65,000Compensation Type:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
8Career Stream and Level:
Athletics AdminJob Function:
AthleticsType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
2/19/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume, Cover Letter, and One Additional DocumentSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
Please submit Resume, Cover Letter,and the answers to the following questions as the Additional Document. ThankYou.
1. Describe your knowledge of NCAA and Pac-12 Conference rules and regulationsrelating to academics, satisfactory progress, and eligibility.
2. Please list below any experience you have had since 2015 with high school orcollege student-athletes. This includes working or volunteering in any capacitywith a high school, AAU, sports club, junior college or 4-year institutionstudent-athlete, athletics team or department.
3. Applicants for this position are subject to the following NCAA Bylaws11.4.2, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 11.4.3, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 11.4.4, 18.104.22.168, and22.214.171.124. You may be asked about these Bylaws in an interview, and you may beasked to sign a future affirmation confirming the same prior to or upon youremployment by The University of Arizona, if you are selected for employment. Doyou understand that by submitting your application for employment you areaffirming that you have read these Bylaws, and that such Bylaws would notpreclude your employment by The University of Arizona?
4. Are you the parent, coach, relative or guardian of a prospectivestudent-athlete (i.e., student in 9-12 grade or 7–12 grade for men’s basketballor junior college student) in the sport of men’s basketball, women’s basketballor football or have any other type of association with any prospectivestudent-athlete in the sports of men’s basketball, women’s basketball orfootball? If yes, please explain.
5. Is your potential employment within the athletic department conditioned uponthe enrollment of any prospective student-athlete (i.e., student in 9-12 grade,7-12 grade for men's basketball or junior college) in the sport of men'sbasketball, women's basketball or football? If Yes, please explain.
6. Do you understand that failure to disclose any information related to youraffiliation with a prospective student-athlete (student in 9-12 grade, 7-12grade for men's basketball or junior college) in the sports of football, men'sbasketball or women's basketball might render your application ineligible forconsideration?
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.