Financial Aid Professional III
Student Financial AidDepartment Website Link:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
The Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid (OSFA) is seeking a highly organized, goal and detail-oriented professional to fill the role of Business Analyst, Sr. This position requires extensive Federal Financial Aid experience and will work closely with the Director of the Systems Team. This position requires someone who will be successful working within a collaborative team environment as well as under their own initiative with limited supervision and high accountability.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties & Reponsibilities:
- Provides PeopleSoft Campus Solutions functional support for day to day systems and processing issues
- Provides support for other business systems and processing, such as OnBase and Campus Logic
- Resolves problems by researching, verifying data, recommending solutions, and formulating programming requests
- Runs daily or weekly jobs: ISIR processing, student budgeting, assigning of checklists, service indicators, comments, student notifications (emails and printed letters), disbursements, need and merit aid packaging
- Configures the system for annual changes in merit packaging and renewals, need-based packaging for all careers, budgeting/COAs
- Provides support for Federal systems, such as COD, including running daily/weekly jobs, reconciling data, researching problems
- Creates queries and performs data analysis to integrate with systems batch processing and to support staff members
- Participates in planning, scheduling, and implementation of system modifications and upgrades
- Gathers and organizes information on problems or procedures; documents existing processes, systems and organizational structures; and analyzes data for possible improvements; makes recommendations for system changes
- Additional duties may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Knowledge of higher education administrative systems and related business principles.
- Knowledge of principles and techniques used in conducting management studies and in systems analysis.
- Knowledge of automated and manual management information system design.
- Knowledge in forms design and procedures development.
- Skill in conducting interviews and facilitating group meetings.
- Skill in developing and conducting training programs.
- Skill in Excel pivot tables and functions
- Ability to effectively communicate.
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems or related field AND three years of experience in procedural, management or business analysis work; OR,
- Seven years of experience in procedural, management or business analysis work; OR,
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Student ServicesBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$42,007 - $50,000 DOECompensation Type:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
7Career Stream and Level:
Financial AidJob Function:
Student ServicesType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
3/8/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
2/19/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.