Associate Director, Records Quality
Alumni & DevelopmentDepartment Website Link:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
Act both as a leader and a member of a growing Development Records Quality & Services (ORQS) team, support the management and enhancement of the development data needed to drive the success of the University Alumni & Development Program (UADP). Develop a broad and deep understanding of development and fundraising best practices to best support the data and Information needs for key constituent segments at each stage of the development cycle.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a strategic vision for the Development Data Quality & Services team that includes specific goals, strategies, staffing, and best practices with a focus on service excellence in three core areas: records maintenance, records enhancement, and list production services.
- Exercise a high degree of independence while engaging in developing, interpreting, and implementing institutional policies, strategies, procedures, services, and business plans to ensure the accurate and timely handling/updating of constituent biographical information in support of the UADP’s fundraising activities.
- Serve as a key partner and participant in developing a UADP data governance and stewardship program and structure. Take a lead role in: documenting and setting data entry and data stewardship guidelines, policies, and procedures; encouraging compliance with data entry policies and procedures; monitoring data entry to minimize duplicates and errors; validating and correcting data and updating the system; implementing procedural changes for processing such transactions; and managing data using department integrity queries and reports.
- Communicate and collaborate with key partners to identify and assess data needs and services, including: UADP leadership; University, college, and department administrators; development officers, campus business managers; and UA Foundation colleagues (including key partnerships with colleagues in Development Services, Financial Services, and the Leadership Giving, Board and Donor Engagement teams).
- Coordinate with the Business Intelligence team (IT) on records maintenance and reporting needs.
- Serve as a key partner and participant in developing a UADP data governance program and structure.
- Take a lead role in: documenting and setting data entry guidelines, policies, and procedures; encouraging compliance with data entry policies and procedures; monitoring data entry to minimize duplicates and errors; validating and correcting data and updating the system; implementing procedural changes for processing such transactions; and managing data using department integrity queries and reports.
- Develop and maintain data quality and integrity standards for the maintenance and acquisition of biographical data for the UADP’s development database, which houses more than 900,000 records of alumni, donors, and friends.
- Ensure that all biographical data is entered in the Raiser’s Edge system using information obtained from a variety of sources, including: data received through Blackbaud NetCommunity (BBNC), the Telephone Outreach Program (TOP), the University of Arizona student information systems, the National Change of Address (NCOA) updates, returned mail from UADP mailings, and other information provided by UADP staff.
- Identify external data acquisition vendors, data hygiene tools, and other resources to enhance data in database. This includes identifying data needs, screening potential vendor solutions, negotiating contractual terms and pricing, and directing the application of the selected solutions.
- Develop a central service program to support the accurate and timely production of constituent lists for UADP staff to support a one-team, donor-centered approach to fundraising.
- Orient, train, mentor, coach, and develop staff members, encouraging an appropriate level of independence and supporting professional growth.
- Establish, communicate, monitor, and reinforce staff accountabilities and performance expectations via team and individual metrics.
- Maintain acute awareness of best practices, technology changes, and current issues within the advancement profession. Additionally, be aware of the goals and activities of the University and its peer institutions to adapt the strategic vision of the department.
- Minimum of 3 years of related work experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience required
- Previous management experience required.
- Proficiency in managing data resources in a complex organization.
- Experience working closely with frontline development officers and other internal stakeholders.
- Master’s Degree in a related field (Business Administration, Social Sciences, Library & Information Science, Nonprofit Management, etc.) desirable.
- Three (3) or more years of experience using a development or fundraising database (for example, Raiser’s Edge or Advance).
- Three (3) or more years of experience working in a higher-education development role and managing data quality or records management staff.
- Demonstrated experience leading a team and mentoring or managing colleagues.
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
University AdvancementBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
9Career Stream and Level:
Records MgmtJob Function:
Legal & ComplianceType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
3/15/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
UADP Talent Acquisition
2/19/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.