Administrative Aide - Engineering Administration (140968)
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
This position provides administrative and clerical support to the Office of the Associate Dean for Undergraduate Programs in The Grainger College of Engineering. It organizes the work of the office, manages the support staff, and coordinates the activities of the Associate Dean and their staff. It involves working with student groups.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu.EEO.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organizes the work of the Office of the Associate Dean for Undergraduate Programs in The Grainger College of Engineering:
- Coordinates administrative staff members who provide support for the associate dean, assistant deans, and other staff as requested. Determines distribution of duties and special project assignments among the administrative staff taking into consideration existing workloads, interests, and capabilities of the available staff.
- Manages the Associate Dean's calendar, screens communications, and organizes into the future the work of the Associate Dean. Keeps abreast of current issues to support the Associate Dean knowledgeably and composes correspondence for the Associate Dean's signature, a responsibility that requires in-depth knowledge of the issues.
- Works with Facilities to coordinate infrastructure needs of the unit, including submitting service calls to F&S for the unit, providing key card access to building rooms, and scheduling conference rooms.
- Facilitates the hiring and on-boarding process of student workers as well as training and development.
- Provides general support for the unit, such as special projects and events as well as support for Assistant Deans as needed.
- High school graduation or equivalent
- Any one or any combination totaling five (5) years (60 months) from the following categories:
SALARY AND APPOINTMENT INFORMATION:
This is a full-time Civil Service Administrative Aide position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after March 4, 2021. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Applications must be received by March 4, 2021. Apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. If you have not applied before, you must create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu. If you already have a profile, you will be redirected to that existing profile via email notification. To complete the application process:Step 1) Submit the Staff Vacancy Application.Step 2) Submit the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability forms.Step 3) Upload your cover letter, resume (months and years of employment must be included), and academic credentials (unofficial transcripts or diploma may be acceptable) and names/contact information for three references.
In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information about this specific position, contact Thurman Etchison, 217-300-2193, [email protected]. For questions about the application process, please contact 217-244-2137.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit Policy on Consideration of Sexual Misconduct in Prior Employment.
As a qualifying federal contractor, the University of Illinois System uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility. The University of Illinois must also comply with applicable federal export control laws and regulations and, as such, reserves the right to employ restricted party screening procedures for applicants.College Name or Administrative Unit:Engineering Category:2-Administrative Title:Administrative Aide - Engineering Administration (140968) Open Date:02/19/2021 Close Date:03/04/2021 Organization Name:Engineering Administration