Assistant Director, Military and Veteran Student Services
The Military and Veteran Services Center serves as a centralized resource for prospective and currently enrolled military-affiliated students for seeking guidance and assistance regarding admissions to Temple, education benefits, Temple’s certification process, access to support services, and event coordination. Additionally, the shared physical space serves as a dedicated place for student-veterans. The primary mission of the Military and Veterans Services Center is to provide, facilitate, or coordinate programs, events, and services for military-affiliated students. Military-affiliated students are defined as student veterans, military service members, and their family members (spouse and/or child).
The Assistant Director reports to the University Registrar and is responsible for managing and coordinating university programs and support services for military and veteran students. The Assistant Director coordinates site visits with partner institutions, represents Temple University at external events, and identifies new partnerships for growth opportunities to support enrollment management goals. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree and 4 years of directly related experience. Commissioned Officer, Non-Commissioned officer or retired commissioned, non-commissioned officer. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Required Skills & Abilities:
* Demonstrated proficiency working with non-traditional (adult) student
* Demonstrated proficiency delivering high quality customer service
* Demonstrated proficiency working with data and presenting reports
* Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
* Exhibits strong strategy and planning skills
* Exhibits strong critical, analytical, research skills
* Exhibits strong interpersonal skills, sound judgment, and the ability to work with personnel from multiple units of the University
* Exhibits strong technical competency with using ERP system, third-party software, web-based software, and other systems for high level of productivity and task accomplishment
* Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
* Ability to maintain flexible work schedulePreferred:
* Master’s degree
* Experience in admissions/enrollment management
* Prior experience working with veterans and military personnel
* Knowledge of Banner
* Knowledge of Cognos Reporting or similar reporting systemsTemple University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity for all persons regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by law.Compliance Statement: In the performance of their functions as detailed in the position description employees have an obligation to avoid ethical, legal, financial and other conflicts of interest to ensure that their actions and outside activities do not conflict with their primary employment responsibilities at the institution. Employees are also expected to understand and be in compliance with applicable laws, University and employment policies and regulations, including NCAA regulations for areas and departments which their essential functions cause them to interact.To obtain additional information about Temple University please visit our website at www.temple.edu. Temple University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains statistics, policies, and procedures related to campus safety and can be found at: https://safety.temple.edu/reports-logs/annual-security-reportYou may request a copy of the report by calling Temple University’s Campus Safety Services at 215-204-7900.
Primary Location: Pennsylvania-Philadelphia-Main Campus-Conwell Hall
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular