Graduate Program Coordinator
Graduate Program CoordinatorAnticipated Hiring Range:
$42,000- $48,000Work Schedule:
Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pmJob Location:
Mechanical & Aerospace EngineeringAbout the Department:
The Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering at North Carolina State University (Raleigh, NC) is among the largest and most prominent in the nation. The department offers separate B.S., M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in both Mechanical Engineering (ME) and Aerospace Engineering (AE). The MAE department currently boasts 47 tenure-track faculty, 6 non-tenure-track teaching faculty and 15 staff members.
The Department has an enrollment of over 1,200 undergraduates and 400 graduate students. The department is housed in Engineering Building III, a four-story, 250,000-square foot facility built in 2010. NC State’s location on Centennial Campus, combined with its proximity to the Research Triangle Park and neighboring universities, provides extensive opportunities for academic and industrial interaction and collaboration. The College of Engineering is ranked overall #24 and #9 in research expenditures among all engineering colleges in the nation.
Further information on the department can be found at: http://www.mae.ncsu.edu.Essential Job Duties:
- This position will be the coordinator of the MAE graduate student unit and will supervise one permanent SHRA position. This position manages, administers, promotes, and directs the day-to-day activities of the unit, which includes auditing internal processes, admissions, registration, financial aid, appointments, and advising the direction of the unit to the Director of Graduate Programs. This position will review and develop direction for the unit’s internal processes and policy and will train staff.
- This position will coordinate with other internal and external units regarding the operations of the MAE graduate by unit analyzing and applying the program operations to meet expectations. This position reports directly to the Director of Graduate Program. This position makes independent decisions within departmental and university policy regarding development and implementation of internal department processes.
- This position is responsible for managing data using a variety of computer applications, interpreting, communicating, and adhering to policies and procedures of the MAE graduate programs. This position manages student personnel budgets, appointments, advising, and enrollment of courses. This position manages and updates the graduate database of enrollment history and RA/TA appointment history, graduates, graduate employments, course offerings, and faculty profiles for the purpose of program reviews and accreditation. This position coordinates graduate recruitment activities and travel accommodations.Facility and key assignments are a function of this position.
- This position is responsible for maintaining and developing effective working relationships with students, parents, faculty, and staff both within the department and external units. Confidentiality is imperative in the position in accordance with FERPA and HIPAA policy. This position assists with departmental accreditation processes. The position coordinates graduation ceremonies twice a year with internal and external units to ensure a successful and positive experience for students and parents.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.Other Required Qualifications:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word, or similar software.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills via telephone, in person, and e-mail.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities and demands.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a student support role.
- Associate’s Degree or two-year College equivalent.
- Knowledge of Peoplesoft for Finance, HR, and SIS.
- Familiarity with GradWatch and Slate.
NAValid NC Driver's License required:
NoCommercial Driver's License Required?:
NoJob Open Date:
02/19/2021Earliest Close Date---- (Positions will be posted until 5:00 PM ET on this date. Positions remaining posted after this date are still accepting applications but may close at any time.):
Please attach a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references.Position Number:
SHRAPosition Classification Band Title:
Student Services SpecialistPosition Classification Band Level:
JourneyPosition Classification Salary Range:
$31,200 - $83,866Salary Grade Equivalency:
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.Full Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
12 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse Weather:
Non Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency Events:
Non Mandatory - Emergency EventTime Limited Position:
NoIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?:
140901 - Mechanical & Aerospace EngrAA/EOE:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.