Research Assistant I
RESEARCH ASST IPosition Number:
University StaffJob Type:
Maywood-Health Sciences CampusDepartment Name:
PHYSIOLOGY (06240A)Is this split and/or fully grant funded? :
YesDuties and Responsibilities:
- Assists PI, research staff, and students with various lab procedures and projects.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Performs experiments as instructed by Principal Investigator and perform techniques required in experiments. May include tissue or cell cultures and animal surgery.
- Performs basic lab tasks required to complete experiments. May include preparation of reagents solutions, buffers and media.
- Gathers, organizes and records data. Performs simple analysis of results. May assist with Library and/or electronic research.
- Monitors inventory of essential lab supplies and order additional supplies as necessary. Maintains orderly record of purchases.
- Helps maintain a safe and orderly lab environment.
- Ensures compliance with safety regulations.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Education Required: Bachelors Degree OR equivalent training acquired via work experience or education
Preferred: Bachelors Degree
Experience Required: None
Preferred: 1-2 years of previous job-related experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent lab experience.Certificates/Credentials/Licenses:
Basic computer skillsSupervisory Responsibilities:
NoRequired operation of university owned vehicles:
02/19/2021Quick Link for Posting: