Enrollment Support Analyst
Enrollment Support AnalystPosition Type:
EP - EHRA 12 mo leave earningUniversity Information:
UNC Greensboro, located in the Piedmont Triad region of North Carolina, is 1 of only 57 doctoral institutions recognized by the Carnegie Foundation for both higher research activity and community engagement. Founded in 1891 and one of the original three UNC System institutions, UNC Greensboro is one of the most diverse universities in the state with 20,000+ students, and 3,000+ faculty and staff members representing 90+ nationalities. With 17 Division I athletic teams, 85 undergraduate degrees in over 125 areas of study, as well as 74 master’s and 32 doctoral programs, UNC Greensboro is consistently recognized nationally among the top universities for academic excellence and value, with noted strengths in health and wellness, visual and performing arts, nursing, education, and more. For additional information, please visit uncg.edu and follow UNCG on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.Primary Purpose of the Organizational Unit:
In support of the mission of UNC Greensboro, the University Registrar’s Office fosters student success and cultivates exemplary student experiences for all University constituents related to academic records, policies, and regulations.Position Summary:
Reporting to the Associate Registrar for Policies and Operations, the Enrollment Support Analyst is responsible for managing all enrollment systems within the University Registrar’s Office at UNC Greensboro. This position is responsible for performing systems analysis (including evaluation/testing of system updates), requiring testing, implementation, documentation, research, and data analysis for key academic software systems (Banner, Argos, and Degree Works). In collaboration with University Registrar’s Office staff, campus advisors, faculty, and academic support staff across campus, this position ensures the accuracy and validity of student academic records across systems and procedures.Minimum Qualifications:
Masters; Bachelors and 0 to 2 years experience; or equivalent education/experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree; or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering, math, or Engineering or related technical degree from an appropriately accredited institution; or Bachelor’s degree and some computer coursework from a regionally accredited institution and one (1) year of experience in business application consulting or development; or Associate’s degree in Computer Programming and two (2) years of experience in application consulting or development.
- Banner Student Experience
- One (1) year in the technology or information systems field, including system analysis, business process design, development, and implementation of business application solutions or IT project management.
- One (1) year experience with Ad Astra Schedule, Degree Works, CourseLeaf Curriculum Inventory Management System, University Catalog publication, and curriculum structure.
- Two (2) years experience in a Registrar’s Office.
- Experience with SQL.
Applicants are required to upload the following documents with their electronic application:
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Applicants are required to upload a list of references of at least three (3) professional references that includes:
- Company Name
- Type of reference (Professional, Supervisor, Colleague, Academic or Personal). One (1) of those references will need to be a current or previous supervisor.
- Email Address
- Contact Phone Number
Applications are not successfully submitted until an online confirmation number has been received at the end of the application process.Recruitment Range:
University Registrar's Office - 10204Job Open Date:
02/02/2021For Best Consideration Date:
02/09/2021Open Until Filled:
1.000Type of Appointment:
PermanentNumber of Months per Year:
ExemptPercentage Of Time:
Data analysis and report writingEssential Tasks:
- Analyze requirements and develop applications/reports within Evisions Argos software.
- Document each application and report as developed, including the test plans and test scripts for reports to ensure the validity and accuracy of the data and the report.
- As a peer reviewer, validate and test reports written by other report writers.
- Gather, document, and analyze requirements/specifications for each application/report, and in collaboration with Information Technology Services (ITS), strategize on the construction of data blocks that serve the campus community as a whole.
- Coordinate with data steward in regards to proper data definitions and documentation to ensure accuracy of data presentation.
- Provide technical support for reporting.
- Troubleshoot issues with end-users.
- Analyze for root cause and resolution.
- In collaboration with the University Registrar’s Office and Information Technology Services (ITS), develop and follow proper development and release protocols to implement changes to the production environment.
- Develop and maintain training materials and train end-users on how to run applications/reports developed by the University Registrar’s Office.
Reporting requirements for Systems and Reporting Team.Essential Tasks:
- Knowledge of scripting/coding as needed by a service administrator, including working with 3rd party applications, integration, APIs, web applications, and network.
- Ability to be proactive, anticipate outcomes, and adjust current reports based on collaborations with URO leadership.
- Designs and uses information systems that organize, store and retrieve data for analysis and report writing for the URO.
- Designs, tests, implements and maintains queries, reports, and procedures.
URO Systems Integration and SupportEssential Tasks:
- Demonstrates expertise in Banner Student, Evisions Argos Reporting, WebFocus Reporting, Degree Works, Student Data Mart, AdAstra, Platinum Analytics, AdPros, Slate, and UNC Online.
- Prepare and submit the National Student Clearinghouse reports as well as ad hoc report requests from the Office of General Counsel.
- Collaborate with staff, faculty, administrators, and technical staff to analyze, research, and resolve complex system issues once the information is applied in the various systems.
- Use Banner data and consult with key Banner users to accurately interpret, troubleshoot, and maintain the accuracy of the data.
Researches, investigates and works with URO leadership with respect to industry best practices and all federal, state and university policies involving student recordsEssential Tasks:
- Researches best practices surrounding student enrollment support, reporting, and transfer articulation.
- Actively engages regional and national Registrar associations, such as AACRAO and SACRAO.
- Collaborates with URO leadership on business process improvements and policy changes as needed.
This position may include other duties and responsibilities as assignedEssential Tasks:
- This position works closely with other areas of the office. As such, it is paramount that the individual in this position is a skilled collaborator who understands campus culture.
Hand Movement-Repetitive Motions - F, Finger Dexterity - F, Reading - F, Writing - F, Vision-Preparing/Analyzing figures - F, Hearing - F, Talking - F, Standing - O, Sitting - F, Lifting-0-30 lbs. - OWork Environment:
Inside - F