Self Help - Summer Camp/Youth Counselors
CAMPUS RECREATION AND WELLNESSAcademic Term/Year:
Spring - 2021Position Title:
Self Help - Summer Camp/Youth CounselorsPosting Number:
03202Student Job Category:
Student - Self-Help Campus JobNumber of Vacancies:
ECU Campus Recreation and Wellness is currently seeking Summer Camp and Youth Counselors. The Summer Camp and Youth Counselor is responsible for the supervision of summer campers ages 5-13 through the nine week summer camp (Rec Junior and Rec Nation). Counselors are also responsible for the administration of first aid/CPR, completion of daily forms, mediation of disputes, control of equipment/supplies, and communication with staff. Counselors will be required to follow all COVID-19 protocols put in place by CRW.
• Adhere to and enforce all COVID-19 Protocols.
• Prepare and supervise camp activities and facilities as needed.
• Supervise movement of campers between activity areas (on and off campus).
• Assist with camper check in/check out procedures.
• Instruct campers in various sport and camp activities.
• Ensure safe environment for camp participants.
• Adapt to any issues regarding the site and/or employees and effectively communicate these issues with the necessary personnel.
• Provide mentorship to campers by communicating detailed feedback in a constructive manner.
• Develop one’s own knowledge, performance, and abilities through supervisor and self-reflection.
• Identify and assist with discipline problems or injuries and properly document the situation.
• Provide customer service to campers and parents in various situations.
• Uphold the integrity and reputation of the Summer Camp program, Campus Recreation & Wellness, and East Carolina University by providing exemplary customer service and leadership to staff and campers.
• Administer immediate first aid and CPR when necessary. Know and implement the Emergency Medical System when the situation requires.
• Review the employee manual to be able to effectively remedy situations while mentally referencing policies, operations, and situations that adhere to everyday functions within Campus Recreation & Wellness.
Please upload your resume and list of references online.Quick Link for Direct Access:
03/22/2021Open Until Filled: