TITLE: Compliance Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Athletics Administration
REPORTS TO: Director of Athletics
EFFECTIVE DATE: TBD
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full-time
EMPLOYMENT CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
PRINCIPAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
Develops, implements, monitors, and assesses a strategic plan for all aspects of the department’s student-athlete financial aid processes including aid allocation, equivalency computation, and the monitoring of all institutional and outside aid. Develops, conducts, and assesses initiatives in order to maintain a comprehensive compliance program (financial aid, books program, squad lists, recruiting, complimentary admissions, personnel forms, rules interpretations, etc.) while insuring unit adherence to all NCAA, affiliated conference and institutional regulations. Prepares proposals, reports, and assessment data regarding unit deliverables and outcomes and implements improvements based on customer/constituent feedback. Prepares, conducts and assesses components of regular compliance educational sessions/communications for the department of athletics as well as other institutional entities responsible for institutional control. Develops, implements and oversees selected compliance protocols for all 14 NCAA Division 2 programs. Participants in the development of the overall Department of Athletics strategic plan.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Assist with the monitoring of academic, amateurism, eligibility and financial aid rules of the NCAA and KSU
· Serves as a liaison to the admissions, financial aid and registrars’ office.
· Provides education and interpretation of NCAA rules, policies and regulations for students, coaches, athletic staff and representative of athletic interest.
· Monitors, audits and reviews compliance forms, policies and procedures
· Monitors official visits, ticket requests, phone logs and contact/evaluation forms
· Monitors new NCAA legislation.
· Monitors policies and procedures of camps and clinics.
· Assists with the preparation of NCAA squad list, national letters of intent and financial aid agreements.
OTHER DUTIES: Performed related duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree plus one year of related experience; OR a combination of education and/or related experience totaling 5 years unless otherwise specified under supplemental required education and experience.
· Experience must be at a comparable level and directly related to the duties of this position.
· Valid driver’s license
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
· Knowledge of NCAA rules and interpretations, as well as have the ability and understanding to use NCAA website tools, LSDBi, Compliance Assistant, Banner and other computer applications
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and assign work to others.
· Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
· Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment in making decisions.
· This person does not have supervisory responsibilities
· No or very limited physical effort required.
· No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
· Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
KENTUCKY STATE UNIVERSITY is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The functions, qualifications, knowledge/skills, and physical requirements listed in this job description represent the essential duties of the job, which the incumbent must be able to perform either with or without reasonable accommodation. The Job Functions listed do not necessarily include all activities that the individual may perform.