Part-time Faculty Mathematics
Job Title: Part-time Faculty Mathematics
Location: UNG - Blue Ridge Campus
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 224150
The vision for the Blue Ridge Campus is to offer a variety of educational pathways that meet the needs of the region, to include dual-enrollment courses for high school students, continuing and professional education programs for adult learners, and a full-time cohort-based program for first-time freshmen with courses that will enable students to complete degrees in regional high-demand disciplines. This cohort model may include learning communities and an innovative interdisciplinary curriculum that builds the skills necessary for success in college-level work and uses the region as a context for learning in and out of the classroom. The university will support student success through financial counseling, mandatory advising, and a required pre-college summer program.Job Summary
The University of North Georgia is currently seeking a part-time faculty member to teach mathematics education and content courses on the Blue Ridge campus for the Fall 2021 semester.Responsibilities
- The person(s) in this position will be responsible for teaching mathematics content and pedagogy classes to pre-service K-8 teachers.
- Part-time faculty positions are exclusively teaching positions with no research or service expectations.
- A Master’s Degree (or higher) in mathematics, mathematics education, or closely related field is required.
- Experience teaching mathematics in a K-12 setting is preferred.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching is essential.
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Cover Letter, Unofficial Transcripts
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.Special Applicant Instructions
- If you received any graduate degrees from an institution outside the United States, you must provide a foreign course-by-course credential evaluation by an independent evaluation service that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. (NACES). Find a full list of NACES members at http://www.naces.org/members.htm.
- Please submit contact information for three professional references.