Part-Time Coordinator II, Web Design
Job Title: Part-Time Coordinator II, Web Design
Location: LSC-University Park
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 34433
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-University Park
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow’s workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of seven colleges, ten centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, is continuously named Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Founded in 2010, LSC-University Park is located on a 71-acre campus that includes the comprehensive Lone Star College campus along with Lone Star Corporate College, the LSC-Energy & Manufacturing Center, multiple university partners, a charter high school, several commercial tenants and much more creating the college of the future. LSC-UP’s vision is to be nationally recognized as the model for the innovative college of the 21st century. LSC-UP’s “Invitation to Innovate” (i2i) has resulted in local, national and international awards and recognitions, including one patent.Campus address is 20515 SH 249 (TX 249 and Louetta Road), Houston, TX 77070.Job Description PURPOSE AND SCOPE:The position maintains and manages the LSC-University Park web presence, including but not limited to the main web page (LoneStar.edu/UP), and all sub-pages within the site. He or she delegates individuals across the campus in various departments to make routine web edits.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain the LSC-University Park webpageTrain departmental staff to make minor changes on the LSC-University Park web pageTrain departmental staff to add events onto the digitalcalendarsSchedule, track and monitor the digital calendars available on the LSC WebSchedule, track and monitor all digital signage (LCD Monitors and Marquee) oncampusCreate graphic content for all platforms (LCD Monitors, Social Media Posts, Flyers, Posters, Web Banners, Marqueesigns)Provide support to end-users for basic webquestions/issuesResponsible for other reasonable, related duties asassigned
- Proficiency with web content management systemsProficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, HTML, Microsoft Excel andWord
- Familiar with functionality of Twitter, Facebook and other social mediasites Ability to work and interact professionally with clients andstaff
- Must be detail oriented, team player and technologicallysavvy
- Must be a fastlearner
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipmentInterface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the positionWork is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
- High school diploma or GED and at least 5 years of related work experience
Hourly Pay Rate is $17.16.Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition waiver, participation in a tax deferred retirement plan and more.Special Instructions Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume. If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts. You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.