Kid's College Program Aide
The Program Aide provides support to the Coordinator, instructors and staff of the Kids' College program, requiring confidentiality, professionalism and attention to detail. Assists with leading small groups of children in various activities, day-to-day needs of the program, and enforcement of rules and procedures. Encourages student engagement in daily activities by fostering positive and appropriate relationships between students. Monitors students when in hallways, throughout campus, and during the daily transition between classes. Carries out appropriate check-in/check-out procedures for students and AITs. Responsible for demonstrating LSSC's core value of Service Excellence; respect, competence, responsiveness, and collaboration, in all interactions. Position will require shiftwork a schedule that extends into the evening as established by Department and College operations.
Position reports to: Director, Youth Development
Incumbent supervises: N/A
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports the site coordinator and instructors with the facilitation and leads small groups of children in various activities. Helps with the transitioning of students in between classes. Monitors students throughout campus to ensure they are following the Kids' College rules and procedures.
- Carries out check-in/check-out procedures for students and AITs. Track and log volunteer hours for AITs. Carries out early dismissal procedures for students.
- Assist instructors with dividing supplies, keeping inventory, making copies, and disbursement of materials.
- Serves as initial point of contact for their designated group of instructors, AITs and students.
- Assist AITs with day-to-day routines.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Utilize problem-solving skills to perform a variety of day-to-day tasks resulting in efficient operation. Accepts ownership of duties and follow tasks through to completion.
EDUCATION: Graduation from an accredited high school.
EXPERIENCE:Required: Minimum of one (1) year experience working with large groups of children under the age of 16 years old.
Preferred: Two (2) years' experience as a volunteer in the Kids' College program.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Must be highly organized, motivated and animated. Must be able to communicate effectively with parents, teachers and students. Ability to work independently with the ability to take and give direction. Excellent multi-tasker with a genuine passion for working with children.