003314Vacancy Open to:
All CandidatesWorking Title:
Networking TechnicianPosition Designation:
EHRA Non-FacultyEmployment Type:
Permanent - Full-timeMonths per Year:
8:00 am – 5:00 pm; Monday – FridayHours per week:
Office of OneIT (Adm)Work Location:
KennedyPrimary Purpose of Department:
We provide highly reliable information technology infrastructure, tools and services to empower the University to achieve its academic, research, administrative and service goals.Primary Purpose of Position:
The Network Technician performs telecom moves, adds, and changes for horizontal cabling systems in campus buildings. He/she works with departments to facilitate telecom work required to complete construction projects and daily work requests. He/she performs repairs on cabling infrastructure and ancillary equipment as needed.Summary of Position Responsibilities:
- Work with other campus departments to provide cabling estimates for construction new builds, expansions or renovations, and perform as built documentation updates as needed.
- Attend project meetings, supervise contractor installation activity, and perform invoice reconciliation with contractors for billing accuracy.
- Maintain adequate supply inventory for cabling infrastructure expansions and provide materials billing when completing installations.
- Program, troubleshoot and repair Code Blue (Blue Light) emergency phones as needed. – Address Helpdesk trouble tickets and work requests on a daily basis.
- Provide detailed documentation for repairs and action taken to resolve tickets.
- Operate and maintain various test equipment for maintaining university cabling system, including voltmeters, outside plant cable locate equipment, and associated tools and computer equipment.
- Perform single mode, multi mode fiber optic and copper cabling installations in our telecom rooms and supervise contractors as needed while doing so.
- Support miscellaneous network equipment owned and operated by other campus business units, i.e. point of sale systems for 49er card and IP converters for vending machines.
- Perform outside Plant cabling work in manholes or telecom junction boxes.
- Work with Windstream, Time Warner Cable and other carriers on campus that need access to campus duct banks or pathway systems.
Bachelors Degree or more than 5 years of telecommunications cabling experience.Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
Experience working at educational facilities or universities.Special Notes to Applicants:
The finalist will be subject to a criminal background check.Posting Open Date:
02/18/2021Open Until Filled: