Posting Code: 2991937
Work type: Classified
Location: Boise, ID
Categories: Accounting, Human Resources
Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/boise-and-beyond/. Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.Job Summary/Purpose:
To advise supervisors and employees on personnel policies, procedures, and benefits; maintain personnel records systems; prepare or review personnel actions; perform related work.Level Scope:
Regularly works on tasks that are varied and complex. Applies full range and job knowledge; frequently adapts procedures, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment to meet specialized needs; may serve as lead; performs broad and/or focused assignments under general supervision; originality and ingenuity are often required to help establish procedures in functional area; relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assigned tasks.Essential Functions:
60% of Time the Personnel Technician must:
- Explains and interprets personnel rules, policies, and procedures; troubleshoots personnel and payroll problems; counsels employees in areas such as problem-solving procedures, retirement options, career development and fringe benefit eligibility and coverage; orients new employees to policies, procedures and benefits; guides employees in filing insurance, retirement, disability, and workers’ compensation claims; recommends policies and procedures; advises applicants on job opportunities and requirements; provides training in forms completion and other areas.
- Prepares or reviews forms to effect personnel, payroll, and related actions; establishes and maintains personnel and position record systems; monitors and follows up to assure timely completion of performance evaluations and employee status changes; monitors temporary work hours; projects personnel costs for budgets; computes retention points; compiles varied reports and information; may maintain and monitor equal employment opportunity and affirmative action policies; may collect, review, and submit time sheets.
- Some positions may: Requests registers and job announcements and coordinates the examination process; advises supervisors on hiring and recruiting options, procedures, and requirements and monitors compliance; may prepare and distribute recruiting advertisements and notices; may verify applicant references, work history, immigration status, and qualifications; may schedule and participate in placement interviews.
- Represents the department at meetings; may supervise or provide work direction to clerical workers.
- Experience establishing and maintaining record systems, performing mathematical calculations, maintaining complex spreadsheets, processing accounts receivable, accounts payable and cash receipts.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
Some knowledge of: computerized record systems.
Experience: providing technical assistance with the processes regarding the application of personnel policies and procedures; reviewing documents for accuracy, completeness, and compliance; compiling data and information for reports; composing letters and memoranda; performing arithmetic calculations involving fractions, decimals, and percentages; explaining policies and procedures.Preferred Qualifications:
Salary and Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://hrs.boisestate.edu/benefits/.Required Application Materials:
Cover letter and resume.
Advertised: February 19, 2021
Applications close: February 25, 2021