Customer Service Representative 1
Posting Code: 2989184
Work type: Classified
Location: Boise, ID
Categories: Customer Service
Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/boise-and-beyond/. Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.Job Summary/Basic Function:
To provide customer service and specialized information; assist individuals in securing services, permits or licenses; perform related work.Level Scope:
Applies basic skills while developing some specialized skills in procedures, operations, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment appropriate to area of specialization; performs routine and/or repetitive tasks; limited decision making required; generally works under close supervision; has no or limited experience; work is performed from within specific limits of established procedures and/or defined instructions.Essential Functions:
60% of Time the Customer Service Rep 1 must:
• Greet visitors and answer the telephone; possess good knowledge of department programs and services to provide accurate information; explain and apply rules, policies, and procedures; refer people to the appropriate department or staff. Maintain a high degree of confidentiality. Independently applying program knowledge to screen for services and assist individuals and determine their needs or purpose of their visit.
• Screening and channeling calls, and taking messages; scheduling appointments for staff members; producing labels, forms and routine letters; composing and signing routine correspondence; receiving money; verifying completeness of applications and forms; maintaining record keeping systems.
Providing support for to the Graduate College admission and degree processing staff:
• Questioning customers to obtain detailed information in a business setting;
• Independently handling complaints and upset individuals in a business setting;
• Answering a business telephone using knowledge of business telephone procedures and etiquette;
• Reviewing documents and records for accuracy and completeness;
• Accessing data using a computerized records system.
• Word processing skills
• Ability to perform several tasks simultaneously while having continual interruptions
• Knowledge of using database software to store, retrieve, and compile information in a report format.
Sufficient speech and hearing acuity to perform customer service work. Experience: explaining policies, procedures, or rules; handling complaints and upset individuals; business telephone etiquette.Preferred Qualifications:
• Attention to detail;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Exemplary customer service skills;
• Ability to work with and relate to a diverse group;
• Able to maintain confidentiality;
• Two (2) years of experience in the same type of work.
Salary commensurate with experience. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://hrs.boisestate.edu/benefits/.Required Application Materials:
Cover letter and Resume
Advertised: February 18, 2021
Applications close: February 24, 2021