Human Resource Associate
Posting Code: 2990511
Work type: Classified
Location: Boise, ID
Categories: Administration and Business Operations, Customer Service, Human Resources, Marketing and Communications
Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/boise-and-beyond/. Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.Job Summary/Basic Function:
To perform specialized human resource and administrative support tasks to maintain professional human resource functions; perform related work.
As an HR Associate on the Organizational Effectiveness team, you will provide support to the Human Resources function in the areas of Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Organizational Development, Workforce Planning, and HR Operations by driving process improvement, participating on cross-functional initiatives, providing data, assisting with special projects, and supporting employee engagement programs in order to increase organizational efficiency and employee engagement. This position also manages day-to-day activities to ensure the department is running efficiently and meets the expectations and needs of customers and staff.
Applies skills and job knowledge in area of specialization; may adapt procedures, operations, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment to meet needs of area of specialization; may work on non-routine tasks; resolves issues/makes working decisions within area or specialization or responsibility with minimal supervision.Essential Functions:
60% of Time the Human Resource Associate must:
• Performs a variety of administrative support activities that are integral to the State's Human Resource information processing such as maintaining employee record systems, responding to requests for information, orienting new employees, reviewing personnel actions for compliance with federal, state and agency rules, policies and procedures, and preparing and submitting personnel, payroll and benefits documents.
• Provides assistance to human resource or management staff. Recruitment responsibilities may include composing recruitment announcements and advertisements, creating, modifying and implementing recruitment plans including working with agency human resource or management staff to review applicant information, explain application and hiring processes and supporting managers regarding recruitment and selection practices
• Training activities may include researching, coordinating and participating in training.
• Employee relations activities could include recommending changes to human resource policies, and assisting in the problem-solving process.
• May conduct preliminary classification work including collecting job analysis data, recommending revisions to existing class specifications and evaluation mechanisms, and compiling compensation data
• May lead or supervise support staff.
35% of Time the Human Resource Associate may:
• Maintain an ongoing focus on process improvement. Regularly meet with HR teams to drive process improvements through constant, iterative review of processes ensuring solutions meet current and future business objectives.
• Assist process owners with process documentation and creating job aids. Develop and document procedures to streamline processes and ensure compliance.
• Support project structure, approach, and work plan. Provide project status updates, feedback, and appropriate reporting on key responsibilities and objectives.
• Perform duties that support strategic initiatives and policies, including scheduling meetings, updating and distributing documentation, building presentations, performing research, and anticipating needs and next steps of projects.
• Provide office support, tracking office equipment and supply inventory, arranging travel, tracking operating expenditures, quarterly gift reports, scholarship and awards, and other budget-related responsibilities.
5% of Time the Human Resource Associate
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally to convey information effectively
• Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services
• Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems
Some knowledge of human resource management concepts.
Good knowledge of administrative support functions including organization skills, composing business documents, compiling and summarizing data, and customer service.
Experience: interpreting and applying employment laws, rules, regulations and policies.
• Embraces an agile mindset; strives to delight customers by embracing a ‘test and learn’ approach to delivering value through incremental development and continuous improvement.
• Ability to research problem areas, facilitate meetings, and decision-making processes.
• Consultative skills (i.e. being a trusted advisor, asking probing questions to get at root issues, and making recommendations to improve the effectiveness of a project).
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, energized by ambiguity and complex problems.
• Solid computer skills (MS word, Powerpoint, Excel, MS Project) and comfort learning new technologies.
Salary commensurate with experience. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://hrs.boisestate.edu/benefits/.Required Application Materials:
Cover Letter and Resume
Advertised: February 19, 2021
Applications close: February 25, 2021