Transcript Credit Evaluator
Job Title: Transcript Credit Evaluator
Location: Atl Metropolitan State College
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 224297
Welcome to Atlanta Metropolitan State College (AMSC), a University System of Georgia (USG) institution that is fully accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Atlanta Metropolitan State College has a rich history that is tied to the City of Atlanta for which it is appropriately named. The college offers high quality baccalaureate, associate and certificate programs that are challenging, comprehensive and very affordable. Atlanta Metropolitan State College currently serves about 3,000 students and is situated on a beautifully landscaped Southwest Atlanta campus; which is located ten minutes south of downtown Atlanta and fifteen minutes north of Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.Responsibilities Under close to general supervision, the Transfer Credit Evaluator reviews external college transcripts to determine course equivalency at Atlanta Metropolitan State College with integrity and supporting other student affairs functions.
- Direct experience in evaluating external transcripts for transfer credit; maintains student recordsBroad understanding of FERPA and accreditation standardsCompile and gather required reportsAssists Registrar’s Office with providing information regarding policies, procedures, and course information to One-Stop Advisors, Department Chairs, Program Directors, and to studentsAssists with registration including add/drop/withdrawal, registration labs, New Student Orientations, and/or graduation activities
- Strong oral and written communication and listening skills.
- Strong customer service approach when working with both internal and external customers.
- Knowledge of transfer credit guidelines, practices and processes, Banner, TES, etc.
- Knowledge of alternative credit transfer guiding principles
- Knowledge of computerized record keeping and document imaging systems Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Banner, TES, etc.Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others.Communicate information clearly and concisely in person and/or on the telephone, exercising tact, patience, discretion and professional demeanor.Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships, interacting in a supportive manner with faculty, staff, students and visitors;Detail orientated, handle multiple tasks, prioritize accordingly and meet strict deadlines.Work independently and as part of a team.Reports to work punctually and follow a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite. Ability to handle a large variety of details and to work with all levels of organization.Ability to handle sensitive and extensive confidential data.Excellent customer service skills and interpersonal skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills.Proficiency with use of e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software and use of the Internet.
Atlanta Metropolitan State College is an equal employment opportunity employer. Atlanta Metropolitan State College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or military/veteran status.
EVerify # 111036