BUILDING MANAGER & SYSTEMS ENGINEER, Facilities Management & Planning
BUILDING MANAGER & SYSTEMS ENGINEER, Facilities Management & PlanningTracking Code2542 Job Description
The Building Manager / Systems Engineer will report to FMO’s Engineering team. This position is intended to be an extension of the FMO engineering team to the complex new construction buildings to help identify issues with building systems, prior, during, and after construction.
The Building Systems Engineer will focus on learning and communicating issues about technical building infrastructure systems including: Building Automation, Mechanical Systems, Electrical Systems, Plumbing Systems, Smoke Control Systems, Fire alarm Systems, Utility Systems, Lighting Control Systems, Kitchen Systems, and any other technical building system. The position will provide continuity between the Construction Team and Operations.
- Performs regular tours of the campus facilities and review the plans for existing buildings to understand the existing systems. Communicate with onsite staff to learn the practical status of the systems for issues or opportunities for improvement. Coordinate all Trades and Custodial service.
- Use CPO tools (CAMMS, FM Interact, PMWeb, etc.) to resolve ongoing issues with building systems. Review Software automation systems for current issues, BAS, Lighting Control, Plumbing, Fire Alarm, Access Control, etc.
- Review equipment submittals, construction drawings, and communicate with design engineers for understanding of the design intent and how they included BU standards.
- Attend on-site or virtual construction commissioning meetings and other project meetings as requested. Communicate progress and issues with projects to the FMO engineering team via modern communication methods and detailed write ups.
- Work with FMO managers to create and maintain FMO standards.
- BS Engineering or other highly technical field
- 3-5 years of experience (including relevant work study, internships, or coops)
- Strong communication skills
- Strong Documentation skills
- Ability to successfully communicate via all modern forms of communication
- Knowledge of building science or building systems highly preferred
- Membership in ASHRAE or AEE or other industry organization preferred
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM in Training) or LEED Accredited Professional preferred
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, including ability to speak publicly and effectively, lead both small and large groups in pursuit of joint objectives
- Excellent interpersonal skills at varying levels of sophistication
- Demonstrated ability to work constructively with individuals of varied experience levels and personalities to achieve consensus
- Ability to manage workload across multiple projects, manage project timelines, and to work independently
This position is eligible for Boston University's generous benefits package including health, dental, retirement, and more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.Job Location BOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular